• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is mediocrity so attractive?

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly.

People want the shiny new coach who has a great roster. Not realizing that roster wont be coming with him to Carolina.

What we know about Wilks is he can take a average QB and go .500

Who's to say he can't improve with a better QB?

Be careful what you wish for people. Those coaches look good because they also have a loaded roster. We don't have that in Carolina. Just sayin...

We will if we load the roster.The shiny new is desired over the tired re-tread.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We're not getting Harbaugh. Stop.

I know we're on the road to Jetsville but I don't have to go down that road with the unwise singing in unison. The Jets like to hire "new hots" and not guys like Payton or Harbaugh.

That's the reason we'll all sit here 20yrs while Tepper and the "new hot" "flip the applecart" crowd will soon be on to their next "new hot" coach in another three years and he'll get the next "new hot" coordinator to replace the last guy.

Sorry, I don't trust Tepper and company with this decision they don't create their destiny they wait for scraps, indecisive, erratic and go along as if blindfolded. 

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

6-6 with this roster isn’t “good”, it’s mediocre like Ivan said. “Good” would have been beating the Bucs and not getting blanked by the Ravens (a tough but winnable game). I can understand losing to the Bengals but most of the rest of the games were winnable. Getting embarrassed by the Steelers and Bucs and Ravens was inexcusable.  The only moderately impressive wins we had was the first game against the Bucs and the Lions.  Beating the Broncos and Seahawks, etc wasn’t all that impressive. 

The sad thing about this is Wilkes has not been given a fair chance to lead a team as head coach. He took a near impossible situation and his efforts resulted in an improvement. Had we beat Tampa we would not have won a playoff game, it really exposed our weakness at CB. If we criticize the game plan and effort at Tampa we should also be as quick to give credit for the wins against Detroit and Seattle which we were not supposed to win. It was not the 6 and 6 record by Wilkes that kept us out of the playoffs, but the 1 and 4 start by Rhule .  I hope before his career is over he will have a chance to coach a team with his choices of coaches and that he will have input in drafting players he likes. He deserves it. 

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What makes Steichan the guy?

Did you ever look at the situation Steichan is in?

Do we have a Jalen Hurts at QB?

Do we have 2 #1 WR's?

Do we have a top 10 rb?

Do we have the best Oline in football?

These are the resources Steichan will not have if he takes this job in Carolina.

Sell me on Steichan please!

Miles Sanders isn’t top 10. Jalen Hurts was being talked about as being on the hot seat in the off-season. 

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

The sad thing about this is Wilkes has not been given a fair chance to lead a team as head coach. He took a near impossible situation and his efforts resulted in an improvement. Had we beat Tampa we would not have won a playoff game, it really exposed our weakness at CB. If we criticize the game plan and effort at Tampa we should also be as quick to give credit for the wins against Detroit and Seattle which we were not supposed to win. It was not the 6 and 6 record by Wilkes that kept us out of the playoffs, but the 1 and 4 start by Rhule .  I hope before his career is over he will have a chance to coach a team with his choices of coaches and that he will have input in drafting players he likes. He deserves it. 

Sure, but not this team. 

Plenty of us have been saying for a while now that mediocrity is not attractive and the team should keep swinging even with the risk of change being that things get worse. The issue is that there are incredibly dumb risks where failure is predictable from a mile away, like Rhule and the Browns for many years now, vs smart risks. If the team is taking smart risks then that's all we want. Show some intelligence in trying to rise above the mediocrity.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Meh ... 19 is nothing to celebrate. I mean ... we're happy we're almost mediocre instead of a bottom feeder?

No one is celebrating mediocrity.  However, turning a mediocre team around is a lot easier than fixing what's become an established level of awful at places like Cleveland and Houston.

• Pie 1

Like I said earlier. We are a small market team that doesn’t get that many super stars so it’s very tough to win. Stars don’t want to come to small market teams when large market teams have those stars. We only have 7 winning seasons in our existence is proof. 

Unless we get a star QB in draft to build around….like Trevor Lawrence in Jville, no is coming to save us and it’s 7-10.  

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Like I said earlier. We are a small market team that doesn’t get that many super stars so it’s very tough to win. Stars don’t want to come to small market teams when large market teams have those stars. We only have 7 winning seasons in our existence is proof. 

Unless we get a star QB in draft to build around….like Trevor Lawrence in Jville, no is coming to save us and it’s 7-10.  

Agree wholeheartedly. That’s why I wanted to tank in 2020. We had the team to challenge for the top pick (Grier and so many FAs leaving). We even had the SOS tiebreaker with Jax and Jets. That’s also why I was all for the Burns trade. I think you could attract a solid HC with all those assets including the existing talent. $40M for 2-3 marquee FAs, 5 firsts and 5 seconds is very tempting to a top HC. Get the QB you want and add a bunch of solid starters. 

• Pie 2