• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t be mad if Fitterer was fired

hepcat

36 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

lol just stop with the gymnastics. I've never seen so much love for a tight end that averaged around 2 catches a game and doesn't block. 

There is no mental gymnastics.  You can call Arnold a stale ham and cheese sandwich.  It doesn't matter.  A stale ham and cheese sandwich and a 3rd round pick.......was Carolina getting taken by Urban/Jags. 

It's not drooling over Arnold.  He was average.   Hence me never calling him anything but a roleplayer. Something this roster doesn't even have.    So we made a hole bigger.  Which then leads to more mistakes.  Overpaying a TE that isn't even as good as Arnold lol.  A rebuilding team gave away another draft pick and this time a 3rd.   For garbage.  We lost that trade no matter how you define Arnold.  It's just one of many examples of Fitt's bad.   It's only relevant because it pertains to the poor job of managing the roster and our assets.......for a team that was suppose to be building from the ground up. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Fitterer is pulling from the Jets on how to build a franchise.

This perpetual rebuild every season since 2020 has been the weakest rebuild in Panthers' history. We've been through the 1995, 2002, and 2011 successful builds and after 2 years of those GMs the Panthers were set up to contend with the best in the NFL. The 1999 rebuild started off strong and stalled (with a defensive championship coach, the Panthers should have given the rebuild 3 losing seasons before reset). There was not any rebuilding in 2013 (if anything, the team was terribly maintained and then slowly deconstructed from 2014 to 2017). 2018 was not a true rebuild; more like internal struggles during transition beyond the team on the field with no direction from either ownership group.

After 2 years of Fitterer, the team needs to be rebuilt and he has done little to nothing to add value to the franchise. The team needs a reset which means bringing in a GM and HC together who want to work with each other like the Bills did with Beane/McDermott, the 49ers with McVay/Walsh, the 49ers with Lynch/Shanahan, and the Chiefs with Dorsey/Reid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If Fitterer finds us a QB we will be a playoff team. I think he has done a decent job in free agency and really good in the draft. Sure he hasn't picked who I wanted a lot but the roster since he got here is improved. Sure he wheels and deals all the time with his draft picks but he certainly shouldn't be fired. Even though I hated to trade CMC given an offensive minded head coach might have known how to use him.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

18 hours ago, hepcat said:

Can anyone tell me what Fitterer has done to deserve staying though the next head coach? What’s his best move? Drafting Icky? Signing some offensive linemen who panned out?

As far as I can see he wasted a ton of resources on Sam Darnold who sucked ass most of the time he played for the Panthers, whiffed on re-signing some key players like Hasaan Reddick, drafted injury prone Jaycee Horn instead of Slater or Justin Fields…

Wait why is he still the GM again? 

If you want to point out his misses then you have to point out his successes. Drafting Horn, Icky, Christensen, signing Bozeman and Corbett, Mays looks like a keeper. I feel like there have been some moves that were mistakes, but every GM makes a few. Another couple of years and the further away we get from Rhule will give us a better opportunity to evaluate him. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Dan Arnold has about washed out at Jacksonville, lost his starting job. 

I don't think the point was about Arnold being an All Pro TE. This was about Fitterer not realizing the pass catching TE is very important to the development of a QB.

Wesley Walls > Jermaine Wiggins > Jeff King > Dante Rosario > Greg Olsen > Jeremy Shockey > Gary Barnidge > ???

BTW Manhertz and Arnold were both TEs that Fitterer dumped for what? I don't care for Baalke, but he is doing a much better job than Fitterer. Fitterer is just giving Baalke value in exchange for players Baalke sees no long term fit for a division winning playoff team.

I'm sure Darnold would have enjoyed Manhertz and Arnold over Thomas and Tremble.

There have been some good TE options available too and Fitterer just passes on them. This draft has a few more TE options that will get teams that receiving TE they have needed. Will Fitterer make it a priority or does he think he got it right in Tommy Tremble?

• Pie 1