• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

These aren’t college players. Grown men can have a leader that they respect that isn’t a loudmouth. I’d rather have a guy that knows the game (on offense) and can be himself. Also, for all of Wilks loud speeches and stern attitude, he sure looked like a pussy when we played the Steelers and Tampa the second time.

We will see but I disagree. The grown men thing means nothing.  I managed for 20+ years and adults are like children quite often. It takes a certain type of personality to manage and lead over the long haul.  The Reich type won’t last but a few years before players will start drifting.  

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

These aren’t college players. Grown men can have a leader that they respect that isn’t a loudmouth. I’d rather have a guy that knows the game (on offense) and can be himself. Also, for all of Wilks loud speeches and stern attitude, he sure looked like a pussy when we played the Steelers and Tampa the second time.

People are not selling Wilks short for any reasons not related to football. We have plenty of evidence he’s an average at best coach that will limit this teams ceiling for as long as he’s calling the shots. 

Reich, although not many posters’ first choice, knows the game on the right side of the ball and would be such a refreshment. Would be nice to have someone not afraid to go for the kill when facing guys like Brady. Wilks completely poo the bed in that situation and multiple other ones. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I just don’t see how you can hire Wilks from just a logical perspective. You’ve gotta hire somebody you’re willing to give at least 2 years (as long as they aren’t obviously in over their head and shitting the bed). I’m not sure Wilks gets that if the team performs poorly this upcoming season since he’s already had most of this past season as interim. It just doesn’t make sense to me. If you weren’t sold on Wilks at the end of the season why would you hire him moving forward?

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, t96 said:

Tepper is gonna pull some stupid poo like naming Reich and Wilks co-HCs and in game management will be a disaster

They will alternate games serving as Head Coach 8 games each. They will share HC duties for one game (tepper's choice) and be required to hold hands the entirety of the game, they both get the head set for a complete Half.

Sounds logical. KEEP POUNDING 

5 hours ago, t96 said:

Tepper is gonna pull some stupid poo like naming Reich and Wilks co-HCs and in game management will be a disaster

Literally would not be surprised. Just the fact him and his wife are the ones interviewing is terrifying. It’s like having someone with a billion points on their $1k/month car insurance and several totaled cars as your cab driver.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Wait is Ickmule a Wilks stan? I thought he was steadfastly against mediocrity. Man these last several years really put a hurting on some folks mental state I guess.

No way to know if Wilks would have us at mediocrity. He was never given a fighting chance at HC. I will be here to say I told you so when Reich flops and to eat crow if he doesn’t, but I’ve been around the block long enough to know his style and personality won’t last long term. Wilks did extremely well with the hand he was dealt and 1000% deserves a shot. Anything less than HC and I expect him to walk away.  If he doesn’t I lose a lot of respect for him.  

• Pie 1

After 4 threads of this.... ive come to terms on how to sum up the threads....

People on the huddle's expected job interview approach:

Candidate 1
Q: Do you know how to lead men and drive to key objectives and goals?
A: Yes, here is an example.....

Q: Do you have a plan in place for how we can regain the division and create a perennial winner attitude for the Carolina Panthers?
A: Yes, here is an example....

Q: Do you go for it on 4th downs?
A: Depends on the situation.

No job for you sir.

Candidate 2
Q: Do you know how to lead men and drive to key objectives and goals?
A: I might but I really need to dive in more.

Q: Do you have a plan in place for how we can regain the division and create a perennial winner attitude for the Carolina Panther?
A: It will take time and I need 5 years commitment to do that

Q: Do you go for it on 4th downs?
A: Yes.

YOU ARE HIRED!

Think About It GIF by Identity

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2