• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is possible they want to offer a second interview to someone else.

The team has guarded this process better than Fort Knox.

There's so little leaks coming out of this team and what's leaked has been leaked on purpose.  Otherwise it's been as tight lipped as a search could possibly be in the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on who you ask...

Albert Breer said he was still in the mix but Ian Rapoport reported he's out and has gone home.

Where did Rapaport say Moore was out? Just because he went home doesn’t mean he’s not getting the job either. Might just mean the team is going to take more time to make a decision.

I will say that every hiring process I’ve ever been a part of, albeit in much different industries, if you’re the guy, they will extend and offer or at least let you know fairly quickly. 

I've been a fan of the Panthers too damn long to know to not get my hopes up. We are most likely going to just keep Wilks and run it back to a 8-9 record and be right back in the same situation next year. It's like how everybody predicted that we would win just enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick, but lose just enough to miss the playoffs. It's just our status quo. So, I'll be very surprised if we actually did something different this time around tbh

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Growl said:

I was gonna make a thread prediction how it all played during the zenith of Payton hype and so far it looks like I’ve nailed it

->Payton hype fizzles then withers away 
->Steichen emerges as favorite candidate, long enough for everyone to get excited 
->team begins redirecting attention elsewhere in attempt to suppress expectations 
->Hires Frank Reich

shame I didn’t pull the trigger on posting it, so far it looks like it’s been spot on 

According to Albright, it appears we weren’t interested in Payton. That’s two legitimate coaches we’ve said “no thanks” to. 

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Where did Rapaport say Moore was out? Just because he went home doesn’t mean he’s not getting the job either. Might just mean the team is going to take more time to make a decision.

I will say that every hiring process I’ve ever been a part of, albeit in much different industries, if you’re the guy, they will extend and offer or at least let you know fairly quickly. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I've been a fan of the Panthers too damn long to know to not get my hopes up. We are most likely going to just keep Wilks and run it back to a 8-9 record and be right back in the same situation next year. It's like how everybody predicted that we would win just enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick, but lose just enough to miss the playoffs. It's just our status quo. So, I'll be very surprised if we actually did something different this time around tbh

Honestly with this division Wilks probably wins it at 9-8 and sticks around alternating 7 and 9 win seasons till we grow tired of him.

• Pie 2