• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

I keep seeing people on social media saying that Wilks won't last long until getting hired someone, I think everyone is going to be surprised. He was the definition of a mediocre defensive coordinator and while he is amazing at inspiring a team, I just don't think that he has the connections or skills to make him a legit HC candidate. 

One of the green flags about Reich is the fact that a ton of elite teams were ready to take him as their OC if we didn't hire him. He's super well respected around the league. I get the argument for wanting a younger HC instead of a 60-year-old, but I'm just happy to have someone we know is a capable coach and has earned a lot of respect around the league.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Lmao the guy went 6-6 not 12-0

This tweet is unfortunate. 

Wilks did a lot for this team and was on the precipice of the playoffs. If he wins that TB game, we're in the playoffs and I think there's no way he isn't being announced as HC before January 26th. 

He didn't, there were true concerns that even most fans can see pretty easily. 

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 5

Wilks makes good $$$ in the NFL with/without head coaching job. I don't feel bad for him one bit lol and I'm one of the people who was on board with him being the head coach.  He will have a job on a team in 2023 so he isn't going hungry.

Edited by Cam Lawter

6 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Am I the only one both really happy for Reich but also really depressed for Wilks? Being in his shoes I'd feel terrible right now. 

No, you're not. I really feel bad for him because I thought he did enough to warrant another shot here. But its not my money and not my team. I understand the decision they made based on what Tepper said after the Rhule firing.  He wanted an experiened head coach  with an offensive background. He got the right man that fits that description. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Agree.  I'm thinking Reich may be less inclined to take Anthony Richardson than some of the other candidates.  Hasn't he always had drop back passers rather than ROP types? 

Good question.  I really don't know what type of qb he would draft as I'm not sure he ever got the chance to draft his own. 

• Beer 1