• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carson Wentz stats under Reich

GOAT

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

yeah can't believe I'm saying this but I actually prefer just keeping Sam over getting Wentz if we're gonna have a bridge QB that isn't a Carr/Rodgers/etc. Strong preference to nab a QB and make him day 1 starter though.

Yeah, I'd actually he okay with signing Sam to a decent backup money contract and using him as a bridge to a rookie or veteran mentor for a rookie, kinda like how Cam had Derek Anderson.

And yeah, never thought I'd be saying that about Sam Darnold.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If they hired Reich only to trot out Sam f’n Darnold again I swear to god

If Stroud/Young/Levis is sitting on the bench just biding time to start I'd be completely fine with it. But yeah if it's Sam and Corral or something fug that

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, GOAT said:
 Eagles
:    COMP %: 60.2 
   PASS YARDS: 3,296
    TD: 33
    INT: 7
    QBR: 101.9

:   COMP %: 62.4
   PASS YARDS: 3,563
   TD: 27
   INT: 7   QBR: 

Like it or not, Reich is going to bring Wentz in over Darnold as his camp QB1 / week 1 starter / back up / bridge guy for our rookie.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/s0zX75wvzZHXJUdW8E/200.gif

Nah he’s moved on from wentz 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

If they hired Reich only to trot out Sam f’n Darnold again I swear to god

Sam is like that toxic ex you keep going back to. I keep telling myself I’m completely done with Darnold then we go and hire a QB whisperer who is known to help QBs thrive. Then you look at Sam’s prior situations and realize he’s never had a good coach. Then you remember how insanely talented his arm is. See I’m doing it now 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Reich thought he could solve Wentz's problems. I could see Reich brining Foles with him, but I don't think Reich goes with Wentz as a starter again. I could see him taking on Wentz as a backup. Reich is likely ready to move on to focus on developing a new QB. Who could that be? 

Reich has a history of going with QBs he has chosen in the past and developing them with a passion. Rivers, Wentz, and Foles all followed him to the Colts. Reich wanted Foles with the Colts when he became a free agent following the 2018 season. Foles chose to follow Reich's QB coach with the Eagles, Defilippo. Foles went with Defilippo from the Jags to the Bears, and with Defilippo choosing to take a year off from coaching, Reich finally got Foles in 2022. I expect Foles to be in a Panthers uniform as soon as the Colts part ways with the QB.

Reich is invested in developing Eason. Seems someone in the organization likes Davis Cheek as a developmental QB. It just so happens that Davis Cheek was brought on to be developed under Reich's Eagles QB coach as a back-up to Defilippo's chosen starting QB Aqeel Glass in the USFL 2 weeks ago. Defilippo had his back-up QB in place with Zach Smith, so this late addition is unusual. We may see Defilippo hired in some capacity with the Panthers following the USFL season to assist in developing the QBs and passing game. We also may see Clyde Christensen hired in an advisory role following his coaching retirement. Mike McDaniel was going to hire Christensen with the Dolphins, but the Bucs blocked it last year. Christensen and Defilppo are invested in Aqeel Glass.

I am expecting to see Matt Corral, Jacob Eason, Davis Cheek, and Aqeel Glass (especially if he lights up the USFL under Defilippo - Glass trains with McNabb and Fields) in training camp. I could see Nick Foles in the QB room too if he is released from his contract with the Colts. In 5 years with the Colts, Reich has favored mid to late round QBs or trading for 1st round vet QBs. I would expect Reich to favor building up a defense and offensive weapons with the draft picks.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Reich thought he could solve Wentz's problems. I could see Reich brining Foles with him, but I don't think Reich goes with Wentz as a starter again. I could see him taking on Wentz as a backup. Reich is likely ready to move on to focus on developing a new QB. Who could that be? 

Reich has a history of going with QBs he has chosen in the past and developing them with a passion. Rivers, Wentz, and Foles all followed him to the Colts. Reich wanted Foles with the Colts when he became a free agent following the 2018 season. Foles chose to follow Reich's QB coach with the Eagles, Defilippo. Foles went with Defilippo from the Jags to the Bears, and with Defilippo choosing to take a year off from coaching, Reich finally got Foles in 2022. I expect Foles to be in a Panthers uniform as soon as the Colts part ways with the QB.

Reich is invested in developing Eason. Seems someone in the organization likes Davis Cheek as a developmental QB. It just so happens that Davis Cheek was brought on to be developed under Reich's Eagles QB coach as a back-up to Defilippo's chosen starting QB Aqeel Glass in the USFL 2 weeks ago. Defilippo had his back-up QB in place with Zach Smith, so this late addition is unusual. We may see Defilippo hired in some capacity with the Panthers following the USFL season to assist in developing the QBs and passing game. We also may see Clyde Christensen hired in an advisory role following his coaching retirement. Mike McDaniel was going to hire Christensen with the Dolphins, but the Bucs blocked it last year. Christensen and Defilppo are invested in Aqeel Glass.

I am expecting to see Matt Corral, Jacob Eason, Davis Cheek, and Aqeel Glass in training camp. I could see Nick Foles in the QB room too if he is released from his contract with the Colts. In 5 years with the Colts, Reich has favored mid to late round QBs or trading for 1st round vet QBs. I would expect Reich to favor building up a defense and offensive weapons with the draft picks.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF