• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What exactly happened to Cam's shoulder? I remember with Jake it was Tommy "Jone" but is Cam's shoulder degenerative as well?

thunderraiden

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Stop it!

Cam was not on the downside, the dude simply hurt his shoulder and he was never the same after the fact.

Cam was a duel threat QB who would miss high on some throws but he definitely could pass in this league. You talking about a QB who was voted #1 by his peers. It's like people want to forget just how great Cam was. We didn't even put anything around him on offense and he was still tearing the league up.

#CamSlanderMustStop

cam was in the MVP discussion prior to the watt hit

• Pie 2

I will never understand how so many people love to talk down on Cam. Do people realize what he did for the Charlotte community off the field?

If nothing else you should respect him as a man off the field. Yeah he wasn't perfect but he literally put Carolina on the Nat'l stage. When people discussed the Panthers it was because of Cam Newton.

Why do we love to talk down on the only MVP in franchise history?

14 minutes ago, Mage said:

Everyone talks about the hit from Watt and I'm sure that made things worse, but if you actually paid attention to Cam that season, you could tell he was on the downside.  Yes, his numbers were good and CMP% at a career high, but that was because he was no longer playing in Shula's archaic offensive system (easily the worst OC I've ever seen and boggles my mind some people defended him).  He had no air on his throws.  I mean hell the Eagles game was a great comeback but there was little to no heat behind his throws that game.

The truth of the matter is, as much as I love Cam and he'll always be among my favorites regardless of jersey or sport, he was never a great passer anyway.  So once he lost some of his arm strength, it isn't a surprise he fell off a cliff.  Not to mention his athleticism took a hit too.  Not sure why, but he was noticeably slower and less agile than before.

I don't think he was necessarily on the downside before the Watt hit, but his balls definitely had less zip than they did in previous seasons. I remember going to the Giants game that season and noticing on the final drive that his passes just looked like they were floating through the air more than they used to. Noticeably less velocity behind the throws, which was still manageable and Turner was getting the most out of Cam, but once the Watt hit happened he could barely throw it any longer. 

• Pie 2

Us playing him after he initially hurt it during that Chargers game when it was the end of the season with nothing left to play for drove me up a wall, then we waited to perform the surgery.

No surprise Vermillion is in prison, should have been arrested for what he cleared Cam to do.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't think he was necessarily on the downside before the Watt hit, but his balls definitely had less zip than they did in previous seasons. I remember going to the Giants game that season and noticing on the final drive that his passes just looked like they were floating through the air more than they used to. Noticeably less velocity behind the throws, which was still manageable and Turner was getting the most out of Cam, but once the Watt hit happened he could barely throw it any longer. 

Seems like you actually noticed he was on the downside before the Steelers game...

Have tried to correct people on this for years.

The Watt hit was not the cause for the downhill of Cams career... 

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

He was listed as limited or DNP weeks before the Steelers game and his shoulder was already busted. 

After the Eagles game he didn't throw at practice before the Ravens game. This was 2-3 weeks before the Watt hit. (Edit: And he continued to be limited/DNP for the rest of the season)

His numbers did not even drop after the hit.. 

But the hit sure was visual.. so that's why people remember it, even thou it is the wrong conclusion.

Edited by kass
Edit in ( )