• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Staff (as of 2-17-23)

Mr. Scot

Just now, Icege said:

Holy fug

Thomas Brown has been one of my favourite coaches in the NFL for the last few years. The dude is smart and an amazing teacher. Players love him.

Stealing him from the Rams would be a huge W

I don’t know that much about him, but what I’ve read is very intriguing. It’s not like Frank wouldn’t still be very closely involved in the offense, he night even continue to call plays in year one if the coordinator needs a bit more seasoning. Would be great to bring some of McVays ideas to add to Franks.

I also like the idea of the OC and DC being younger African American coaches and very strong leaders. Combined with the older coaches with a lot of experience, it would allow us to build a very strong culture and make us attractive to FAs.

• Pie 7

Just now, Martin said:

I don’t know that much about him, but what I’ve read is very intriguing. It’s not like Frank wouldn’t still be very closely involved in the offense, he night even continue to call plays in year one if the coordinator needs a bit more seasoning. Would be great to bring some of McVays ideas to add to Franks.

I also like the idea of the OC and DC being younger African American coaches and very strong leaders. Combined with the older coaches with a lot of experience, it would allow us to build a very strong culture and make us attractive to FAs.

The Panthers franchise has become one of the most diverse in the NFL, from the front office to he coaching staff. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Oh I have high expectations, and so do they.  This is the NFL.  I know the team would have improved under Wilks, these guys were brought in to take us to the next level beyond what Wilks could have done next year.  We've been patient.  There is nothing loony about impatience now.  It's been 5 years and we're supposed to sit back and watch the team suck with a new coach and an unproven rookie qb for another 2 years?  fug that. 

It get it and feel that. It takes time to install and correctly run a new offense scheme and brand new 3-4 defense.  Plus if you are not willing to wait for a rookie QB to bloom, brother you are in for a massive let down. 

There is a lane to 12 wins, but it would take alllllll the luck. 

We alll are paying the price and it will be that much better when the winninjg happens ..........the following years...

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

The Panthers franchise has become one of the most diverse in the NFL, from the front office to he coaching staff. 

Would take some steam out of Wilks's lawsuit, at least where the Panthers are concerned, when they can point to having one of the most diverse front offices and staffs in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It get it and feel that. It takes time to install and correctly run a new offense scheme and brand new 3-4 defense.  Plus if you are not willing to wait for a rookie QB to bloom, brother you are in for a massive let down. 

There is a lane to 12 wins, but it would take alllllll the luck. 

We alll are paying the price and it will be that much better when the winninjg happens ..........the following years...

Not that I'm unwilling to wait it's that I'm unwilling to wait 7 years. I've waited 5.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Icege said:

Holy fug

Thomas Brown has been one of my favourite coaches in the NFL for the last few years. The dude is smart and an amazing teacher. Players love him.

Stealing him from the Rams would be a huge W

Intrigued by Thomas Brown. Sounds like the type of innovative play caller and leader we need. I hope we don’t let this guy leave without a contract.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

A little more on Brown...

Hearing the way his players talk about him reminds me a lot of how Panther players used to talk about one of their leaders.

Specifically, Sean McDermott.

Funny cause I was just thinking today that the best OC we could get would be a McDermott offensive clone.

• Beer 1