• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young might not be able to see over the offensive lineman’s hip pads.

electro's horse

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How often do we even see QBs line up under center these days? If you see a QB under center it's probably a QB sneak.

Just saying, it limits your offense.  Will it be an issue? Who knows. I guess as they beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Just saying, it limits your offense.  Will it be an issue? Who knows. I guess as they beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm significantly more concerned about his slight frame than I am his height. We've seen QBs of similar height have a lot of success. I mean, we all watched Drew Brees. I'm more concerned about him holding up long-term to NFL hits.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm significantly more concerned about his slight frame than I am his height. We've seen QBs of similar height have a lot of success. I mean, we all watched Drew Brees. I'm more concerned about him holding up long-term to NFL hits.

That too. It's a even bigger gamble taking him at #1, although he's probably the best of the class as far as pro readiness. 

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Batted balls have nothing to do with height. There isn’t bay data that indicates that short QBs get balls batted at the line more than tall QBs.

But there are statistical facts that the league leaders in batted passes the last 3 seasons were at Least 6’4

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Batted balls everywhere. 

The last month I've been saying, when the combine/pro day happens and teams get an up close look at his stature it's not too far fetched to think he might slide to 9. 

Height barely has anything to do with batted balls.  Josh Allen had the most batted balls this past season.  Cam always seemed to have a decent bit batted down even.  It relies a lot more on the oline and the qb ability to find a passing lane than height.

Edited by Tr3ach

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean Bama has the nearest thing to an NFL OL that exists in college football. Was never an issue.    It’s not like we haven’t seen 6ft QBs before.   Either you can play or you can’t.  

So what if he plays with an offensive line that isn't one of the best. Also NFL defenses are different than anything he's ever faced. I don't feel comfortable having a QB that size in the NFL regardless of how well he can throw the ball. But if he falls to 9, I guess you have to take him. That won't happen though

17 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Height barely has anything to do with batted balls.  Josh Allen had the most batted balls this past season.  Cam always seemed to have a decent bit batted down even.  It relies a lot more on the oline and the qb ability to find a passing lane than height.

and scheme/predictability.  If JJ Watt knows what the play is too often....he can get in the passing lane and time it.  You can be Yao Ming at QB. 

• Pie 2