• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency coming up

Captain Obvious

Between the underwear Olympics and draft another exciting time is coming up, Free Agency. 

I believe we should resign Bozeman, Foreman and maybe Franklin.

The Panthers still have a few needs and not a lot of money, yet. Who would you like for them to pursue?

Here are a couple of free agency rankings to read

https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2023

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-51-free-agents-of-2023-who-are-the-best-players-available

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-free-agency-primer-projected-free-agents-cap-space-needs-for-every-team-in-offseason/

I think we need a TE, LB, WR, RB, Bridge QB, Edge and maybe Interior D line (for 3-4 D) to name a few. 

I think we will not go after the marquee names but maybe slide down to second or third day signings.

I hope this would set us up for a more clear picture for the draft.

DI Sheldon Rankins   DI Dre'mont Jones     DI Zach Allen

TE Dalton Schultz (if not franchised)    TE Mike Gesicki  

LB Bobby Okereke     LB Drue Tranquill     LB Alex SIngleton

QB Jacoby Brissett

Edge Yanick Ngakoue

Who you got?

• Pie 1

i've been thinking a little about this and i'm wondering if their method of choosing coaches will carry over into how they choose free agents.

we've seen a good cross section of older experienced coaches combined with a good cross section of young hot shot coaches.

i wonder if they are going to go after older vets who are smart mentors to work with the younger guys they have already and will be acquiring through the draft.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I definitely think Okereke will be a Panther. In addition to his connection to Reich, Okereke was also coached by Hansen at Stanford.

I’d also like to see Evero bring Dre’Mont Jones with him.

Ditto on Okereke

This may not be popular, but a potential casualty is Keenan Allen and he's a dude I'd target.  A young QB could really benefit in having him.  Reich has a history with from SD and had his best seasons in a Reich offense.  

On the lesser expensive WR end, Allen Lazard could be one to take a swing on.

LB, WR, maybe S or DL would be spots to watch out for.

• Pie 6

FA - Wish List

QB - Minshew

WR - Woods

LB - Drue Tranquill

DL - Morgan Fox (try a do over)

TE - Austin Hooper (on the Cheap only)

Resign:

Bozeman, Franklin (RFA), and Foreman (if reasonable)

Draft: QB, DE, CB, DT, OG, TE, RB

Targets:

QB: Stroud, Hooker, McGee

DE: Foskey, Hall, McDonald

DT: Benton, Smith, Cameron Young

CB: Forbes, Ricks, Kelly, Williams, Brents

OG: Jarred Patterson

TE: LaPorta, Davis Allen, Payne Durham

RB: Evans, Roschon Johnson, Kenny McIntosh

Look to see if he falls: Noah Sewell

Confused Good Question GIF by Choice Hotels

QB is the position of focus for me and I think they will sign a Free Agent.

Question is WHAT Free Agent?

There are no indications one way or the other (at least not yet) that the New Coaching staff is leaning toward or away from any FA whether it's Sam, Brissett, or anyone else.

I really want this proverbial ball to get rolling here. 

We need a QB.

Edited by glenwo2

I know Brissett v. Darnold is all the talk, but I'm personally taking Mike White or Taylor Heinicke.  I think both have shown to be more capable of winning games than other league backups available.  Darnold's inability to read the middle of the field in that Saints game soured me on pretending he can be our long term backup.  Sorry QUEBUS fans.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Ditto on Okereke

This may not be popular, but a potential casualty is Keenan Allen and he's a dude I'd target.  A young QB could really benefit in having him.  Reich has a history with from SD and had his best seasons in a Reich offense.  

On the lesser expensive WR end, Allen Lazard could be one to take a swing on.

LB, WR, maybe S or DL would be spots to watch out for.

I used to get my haircut at the same spot Keenan and his dad would be at in Greensboro. His dad was a regular, but Keenan would come through from time to time. 

I saw that Allen was probably going to be cut. He’s still got some juice left in the tank, and would be a good target for our young QB. Hopefully, the price isn’t too high and we can bring him here.