• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we have the personnel to Run a 3-4?

bLACKpANTHER

What 3-4 Lineup do you like best?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. 3-4 Lineup Options

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

We can make it work. Burns and Luvu on the edges with Derrick Brown as a 5-tech. We'd need to find another 5-tech and a nose tackle but that can be done in free agency.

Just having Burns play edge in this scheme is going to be worth it, IMO. And don't underestimate Frankie Luvu either.

I agree on Luvu he fits this scheme very nicely. We’ll be in base far less than we’ll be in other looks I wouldn’t get too caught up on the pure 3-4.

We have a lot of versatile pieces that work for both types of defense  but I think our edges other than YGM are all better suited for 3-4 and that’s the harder position to find. Evero is going to have a lot of fun with our athleticism and talent.

Evero said that people make too much of a big deal about the base D because it's used only for a few plays a game, the rest of it is sub packages.

i'd like us to get some power on the other side of burns and some more bulk in the interior, but overall i think it isn't going to be hard to fill holes to fit what Evero wants to do because mostly he's just going to be working around what is here.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Evero said that people make too much of a big deal about the base D because it's used only for a few plays a game, the rest of it is sub packages.

i'd like us to get some power on the other side of burns and some more bulk in the interior, but overall i think it isn't going to be hard to fill holes to fit what Evero wants to do because mostly he's just going to be working around what is here.

"I hired a man, not a scheme."

- Frank Reich 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Exactly. We will be running nickel 60% of the time.  One thing this does mean though.... we will need a handful more linebackers. 

• Pie 1

We definitely have a good start imo but through FA and draft it will be fine. Definitely need to find some bullies on our DL, YGM will just get murdered out there. Want to see if Brandon Smith can make some noise at ILB in a 3-4. Luvu and Burns on the outside excites me. What this team does with Shaq is also a big question mark right now. 

#InEJitrust