• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Doesn't seem too likely.

I know fans love the idea of being bold and trading up to #1, but being smart is more important than being bold.

In general fans discount the value of letting teams in front of you make mistakes.

Plus, when's the last time a team traded up to the top 5 and got a generational QB?  I believe the answer is never 

2 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

In general fans discount the value of letting teams in front of you make mistakes.

Plus, when's the last time a team traded up to the top 5 and got a generational QB?  I believe the answer is never 

QBs taken number 1 overall as a draft trade haven't been bad though, Jeff George, Michael Vick, Jared Goff. I would take a Heff George or Mike Vick Caliber player.

34 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Personally, I'm all in on a trade up to one. That opportunity doesn't come often, and if you hit on the guy any lost draft picks will be forgotten. If 1 guarantees us Young or Stroud, do it.

And if you miss you're fuged.

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

And if you miss you're fuged.

If we trade to #1 and give up 3 firsts then that qb is getting minimum minimum 3 years to see what he does.  If by year 3 he still sucks then guess what we do it again.   The 3 firsts are not going to hurt as much as you think.  We have some quality players but yes we do need depth and that is what the later rounds and FA are for

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

To be fair... the fan is pulling this directly from the  Rich Eisen show today. Rich Eisen is the one reporting it.

When they get over being triggered they will realize it. But they will never admit it or apologize for being an ass.

8 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

‘Fortune favors the bold’  Terence

or 

‘Fortune favors the brave’. Virgil 

or as I feel about the Panthers in my years of following them ‘keep doing what you’ve always done and you will get what you’ve always got.

if this supposed ‘ all star ‘ coaching staff has the conviction that one of these players will excel, for 10 years, then just do it.   There are many ways to recover from the loss of those 1s.

Thought that was Matt Damon?

I get the impression that we are going to leave this draft with a QB and we are going to be aggressive.  I mean, San Francisco seems to have traded up from 12 to 3 in 2021 and they drafted what seems to be a bust--and they were nearly in the Super Bowl.  It does not have to be devastating.  Our biggest handicap has been our dead cap.  We need to be aggressive but smart in every aspect of team building.  Contracts to Ian Thomas and Rob Anderson were dumb, in my opinion.  Gotta be smart. 

Can’t believe I am feeling this way but I am wavering on Bryce Young a little.  I did not like him waiting to throw alone at his pro day.  Watching some of his long throws in college you see jump throws were he is putting it all into getting it there. That concerns me a little.  Still think he is a playmaker but I do agree there are concerns 

1 hour ago, Urrymonster2 said:

The 49ers missed on their mega trade up for Lance

They are still doing ok

49ers had a complete team before they trade up. That’s why they did it. They were hoping to get the missing piece. Same with the CMC trade. Did we lose in the conference championship last year and lose in the SB in 2019? Well if we did that and traded 3 picks for Stroud, it would be apples to apples.

We aren’t in the same zip code of contender the past 3 years so if we missed on a mega deal like they did, we wouldn’t be OK.