• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

The defense is old and the Oline is Falling apart .. Im good that they are trying to avoid a rebuild they should be doing..

That they are.  And to some degree have been doing for a few years now.  It is reminiscent of the Hurney era here, that every year we "were only a couple of pieces away" except we 1) never seemed to acquire the proper pieces, and 2) partially because of #1, we were always a little further than we thought.

They may be hoping he can successfully make them a scavenger, like Tampa was this year.  The division is bad, and given the Bucs situation, if we don't improve (and identify a QB) and the Falcons don't improve, they can win the division.  That's a lot of IFs. 

They look to me like the Titanic.  They have hit the iceberg, have water rushing into six compartments, and they are trying to stay afloat by addressing one compartment at a time while the ship is sinking.

I'd have been much more concerned had they magically found a way to draft a QB, filling that gap on a rookie deal.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That they are.  And to some degree have been doing for a few years now.  It is reminiscent of the Hurney era here, that every year we "were only a couple of pieces away" except we 1) never seemed to acquire the proper pieces, and 2) partially because of #1, we were always a little further than we thought.

They may be hoping he can successfully make them a scavenger, like Tampa was this year.  The division is bad, and given the Bucs situation, if we don't improve (and identify a QB) and the Falcons don't improve, they can win the division.  That's a lot of IFs. 

They look to me like the Titanic.  They have hit the iceberg, have water rushing into six compartments, and they are trying to stay afloat by addressing one compartment at a time while the ship is sinking.

I'd have been much more concerned had they magically found a way to draft a QB, filling that gap on a rookie deal.

Exactly.. The team should have been on rebuild mode when Brees and Payton left.. Bit they refuse to do this and the cap magic they do isn’t for a Super Bowl contender but barley winning a bad division now.. This will blow in their faces and they have set themselves back atleast 6 years now..

• Pie 2