• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If... AR drops to 9, do you take him then?

musicman

1 hour ago, shaq said:

Personally I think his floor is us at 9, Seattle just resigned Geno so the urgency to take a QB might not be there. But if Richardson dropped to 9 there’s no damn way he’s getting past us.

Seattle has no incentive to take a qb this year and tie up on that cap space with two qbs.  I think it's more likely that they give Geno a year at the helm and if the team nose dives they take a qb next year.  Seattle needs help on defense and they will be in position to take maybe the best defensive player in the draft.

I have to say, it is only necessary to move up to the 1st overall if a generational can't miss barely any downside guy is there. A clear consensus. I don't see that guy in this draft. I don't think Chicago sees that guy, or the pick would not be for sale.

Nearly all my negativity towards trading up stems from this: you probably don't have to go too far back to find a draft where the 4th rated, 5th rated, or lower, turned out to be the best QB pick. 

For me, the 9th pick is an acceptable risk for where the roster is and could be with 2 seconds this year and 1sts every year. 

If he isn't there, get your next highest rated QB wherever you have to. Higher, lower, however it falls, you are taking your next best rated QB.

Plan on doing that the next year too. Until you have something special. It will come. If these coaches are as advertised they will get production out of an average QB, and average is the floor. 

• Flames 1

Short answer is of course, you take the shot.

But, if we're taking a QB, I just don't see us picking one at 9.  We will be getting one because we strike a deal for a trade.  I just don't see us being complacent waiting for who may/may not fall, and then we're SOL.

Now, if we simply can't work out a deal, there's a shot 1 of the 4 is there, but highly unlikely.  We could basically stay and take BPA, then we're looking at the Hooker scenario in R2; which isn't the end of the world, but would be disappointing.  

I still foresee a trade up at the least to 6 to leap LVR and ATL.  

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The trust will last as long as there's a chance they draft a qb that some fans are drooling over. As soon as they draft a qb that some here do not want then it will be this staff are idiots and do not know a damn thing about qb's.  Mark it down.

OR,,  lol,,  they don't trade up , giving 3 years worth of draft picks lol ,  and the Jets do,, or Tenn,  etc..  Some here will have a melt down. 

I read somewhere there's like a 20-25% chance of hitting a franchise QB pick in the early draft. 

So either way ,,   we pick QB  x..   the 70%  who wanted QB   y or  z  they will be slamming the pick and every time QB  Y  or  Z  does anything over the next two years , will post it.   Or if we don't trade up and say the Jets or the Falcons, or Tenn or some other team does,, it doesn't matter what they gave up,, half the fans will be posting non stop...  

It happens

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The trust will last as long as there's a chance they draft a qb that some fans are drooling over. As soon as they draft a qb that some here do not want then it will be this staff are idiots and do not know a damn thing about qb's.  Mark it down.

If they just start winning games everyone will get on board.  Rookie QB or not.

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You have a good grasp on human nature.  

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My take as well...

Only if you'd be willing to also take him at #1 overall.

QB is the centerpiece of your organization, and if you're drafting one in the first round, you better also have been willing to take him at the very top. If he's not worthy of that, then you're wasting a pick just to get a QB. You can't settle for also-rans at the position just to have a body on the roster. If you believe he can be your answer at the position, you take him, but that means he's also worthy of being drafted at number 1 due to the importance of the position.

5 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Richardson will be there at 9. Levis probably will be too.

We won't be though. I really think this staff moves up to 1/3 to take Young/Stroud

FA and pro days still have to play out and we still have a couple QBs still playing musical chairs for new teams.

last mock i saw had all 4 gone by pick 7, and it was by an expert so it has to be right 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2