• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We’re trading for #1 pick !!!

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, LordOfDaWingz said:

I’m in the minority here but this wasn’t a bad trade at all. If we get our own Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/Allen/Burrow/Brees this will be a slam dunk. There are 2 special Qb’s in this draft. 

It’s not a bad trade but not trading Burns hurts. Love Burns but that was more than enough to make the trade and then we would have had our full set of picks to put some weapons around him this year and the next two. 

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This is so much better than the lunacy brewing down in New Orleans, where they are further screwing themselves long-term to run it back with a bunch of old and injured players and Derek Carr, with the upside of maybe winning a down division.

This is a move to set this franchise up for the next decade.  If it doesn't work, of course it will be a setback but the upside with this approach is so, so much better.

Losing DJ hurts next year, but having a QB on a rookie deal makes all the other draft capital meaningless b/c the team will have a lot of cap space for the next 4+ years.

This is about potentially setting the team up to being a SB contender, not screwing around with the constant retreads anymore.

Agreed. The concept this trade will sink the franchise hasn’t been paying attention the last 5 years. Gotta try something to become competitive again, it’s not just going to magically happen 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I mean playing in the SEC is as close to NFL emulation as you’re gonna get and he faired fine. He takes smart contact and plays angles as good as any qb I’ve seen. I’m legit hoping for Young.

How many games did he play in the SEC though?

We’re talking about a guy playing 17+ games a year for 10-15 years while aging.

Its a very different thing.

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

We keep pick 39 and 2025s 1st.  But DJ essentially replaced that value.  

I mean, this is just wild.

I am sure this will be stated later, but DJ was $20m vs the cap and the Bears had a ton of cap room.  So we can replace him in the draft and use the $$ in free agency

Just dropped in to say getting rid of DJ Moore when they’re about to draft a rookie QB was one of the dumbest things this team has done in awhile. Can’t find receivers as good as him in free agency without a higher price tag. Alright see y’all later

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

His deal was very team friendly and odds were he was gone after year two of the deal anyways because the Panthers had it set for him to get cut with little dead money after year 2. Most of Fitts deals are set up like this. It's been a recurring theme so far. 

I do see a two year window, dam shame DJ signed a team friendly deal and gets traded the next year. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I have marginally more trust in the coach, who hasn’t proven himself, than the GM, who despite the best efforts of his crack team of bootlickers, has proven himself to be an absolute buffoon. 

I’m not a fan of Fitterer. If you had any foresight that we were going QB hard then you have to trade Burns. No cap hut at all, a ton of cap to use to shore up the DL and pick 37(?) this year and two more firsts to easily trade up. The rookie will have a bare cupboard unless we waste all our 2024 space to add some guys who aren’t nearly as good as DJ.