• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

Some statements that I need to make:

1. Cade Mays was listed on some depth charts as our #3 Center.  We have not cut Elflien.  Is that plan B?

2.  Is Aaron Rodgers so starved for attention that this is necessary?  What a friggin narcissist.  I bet his teammates hate him.

3.  How would you feel if Odell signed here?  I think it would be a distraction, but he has talent.  I mean, Steve Smith was a distraction, if you think about it.

• Pie 1

Just now, App Panther said:

No point in trading Corral with his value being likely a 6th or 7th. Try to turn him into a serviceable backup. He's Frank's orphan now. 

The fact that we are trying to dump him should tell you all you need to know about him being a serviceable backup.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

by comparison to another RB that we are very familiar with and who received a contract extension the same year that Ekeler did - Ekeler is a bargain

But you have to give up assets to get him and he only has one year left on his deal and then you would have to pay him. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The fact that we are trying to dump him should tell you all you need to know about him being a serviceable backup.

I suppose. But can you infer that already? One camp, then injured. His ceiling at this point can't be a backup? This is a guy predicted to go in the 1st round at one point. The QB Chris Simms liked the most I'm the class. Hate to give up so soon. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Some statements that I need to make:

1. Cade Mays was listed on some depth charts as our #3 Center.  We have not cut Elflien.  Is that plan B?

2.  Is Aaron Rodgers so starved for attention that this is necessary?  What a friggin narcissist.  I bet his teammates hate him.

3.  How would you feel if Odell signed here?  I think it would be a distraction, but he has talent.  I mean, Steve Smith was a distraction, if you think about it.

OBJ wants $20M .. no thank you...if he was being reasonable there, I'd say for sure lets go, but F that!

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, App Panther said:

No point in trading Corral with his value being likely a 6th or 7th. Try to turn him into a serviceable backup. He's Frank's orphan now. 

If they dump him that leaves Eason as the only qb on the roster.  He was a practice squad guy until he was forced into action due to the other scrubs getting injured.  

7 minutes ago, panthersphan said:

OBJ wants $20M .. no thank you...if he was being reasonable there, I'd say for sure lets go, but F that!

Really?  I heard that he has not discussed $$$, but that makes sense.  We may have find TEs, Cs, and all other players in free agency, then maybe move up from 39 to grab a WR in the draft.  We shall see--I love this drama--hooked on it.

10 minutes ago, panthersphan said:

We have been rather aggressive, but I think young WRs to develop with a young QB is probably better.  Gonna be Chark, in my best guess.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1