• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

🥰

Since you are struggling to express your true feelings, perhaps you are trying to say, "Golly.  Some of you did not like Fitterer.  I am sure his performance without the former coach has been enlightening and you now see the benefit of our GM's job performance." 
There--now it is clearly stated.

Tell me you're a former English teacher without telling me you're a former English teacher...  🙃 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

NEEDS

1.       Quarterback

2.       Edge

3.      Linebacker

4.      Cornerback (Nickel)

5.      Offensive Tackle (swing)  

Since this is such a good year for TE's...do we draft out TE of the future?  If so...where?

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

Chark has alpha WR1 ability when healthy. concerns about health? sure. but situation (bad jag QBs and coaching) plus injuries have derailed him from true breakout

opportunity knocks   hes got a great situation coaching and scheme wise, and if he stays healthy hes going to make some fugin money on this prove it deal

Ehh, I disagree, he's nowhere near polished enough as a route runner. Great physical traits, very good contested catch guy, but I don't see him being a guy who can go out there every play against double coverage and still put up 1200+ yards -- that's what I mean by alpha WR1 ability.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rightturn said:

Rookie qb teams still tend to be picking top 10 going into year 2

Don't deflate them all now with reality. They want to believe this is how championship teams are built before the new coaches can even get reps with their new team that needs a new culture and a foundation that has yet to be put in place.

Chark wanted a longer contract at more money. Reich wanted Chark as depth for his 3 WR offensive fit. So, rent him for a year and take care of that depth spot next season. Reich needs to find his big work horse/playmaker #1 WR now. Thielen is the #2 and Chark is the #3. Still a big void for Reich's play calling at that WR position. I believe he'll target a WR in the draft for that spot.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

32 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Since this is such a good year for TE's...do we draft out TE of the future?  If so...where?

There's some promising ones.  

I think Sam LaPorta could end up being the best TE to come out of the class.  

Luke Schoonmaker, Tyler Kraft, & Josh Whyle would all be upgrades over Thomas and be potential future starters.    

Reich has deployed multiple TEs, even when the Eagles had Ertz (w/Burton).  Could definitely see this happening in R3-5.  

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

What if the BPA is a QB or LT? 

Trade back for a massive haul.

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Not a big fan of the signing myself, mainly because he can't stay healthy and it still doesn't give us a #1 WR for the rookie, would have preferred to overpay in a trade for Hopkins, Sutton, or Jeudy to be honest.

Also not thrilled at it being just 1 year unless it's super cheap at say like $3 million for the year, have a feeling it's going to be in the 6-7 range.  Would have rather done it for 2 with whatever we gave him being the guaranteed money so the cap hit could be split up.

But really, I just don't like the idea of giving the rookie a bunch of 2's and 3's at best as his WR room and I think this signing eliminates us from trying to trade for any of those #1's out there.

100% still need to use the 2nd rounder on a WR though, someone who could have breakout potential and to grow alongside the rookie QB for years to come.

1679626188276069.jpg.d875575fb1c94f17f2e4d6c3d4706dba.jpg

1 hour ago, joemac said:

1 yr / 37 million fully guaranteed. 

Oooo noes smarty marty herniay back in tha building....