• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich press conference today?

Mr. Scot

I'll admit, Richardson was super interesting as a watch.  Mega talented athlete, played better than his stats, but he's no Cam Newton.  Cam started one year at auburn and was the best player in college that year AND won a National Championship.  Thats part of what made Cam  the #1 pick in 2011.

I just don't see it with AR.  I think he's a great talent, and is going to be very entertaining as a player.  Do I think he's going to turn the Panthers into the "it" team?  Probably not.  I feel like this is smoke from Frank.

It's going to be between Young and Stroud and I'm completely happy with either one.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, this'll generate some headlines 😄

Richardson does have some elite traits that aren't physical, but not a lot of NFL fans have really watched him. His pocket management and movement would be elite on day one in the NFL. The way he can stand tall and move within a tight pocket is really astonishing. He goes through his reads well and makes good decisions. Statistically, from what I've read, he's much more likely than any of the top four quarterbacks to throw to his second or third read. 

Anyway, I for one would not be mad if he was the pick, from everything I've seen.

Fq5H390XsAEzOBJ.jpg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

There was only one Luke Kuechly. I'm not sure of anyone else in the league that is diagnosing plays to the extent Luke did, and that was because he was a film junkie and watched it daily.

Also that has nothing to do with sensing when someone is around you or getting close to you. 

One of Bryce's best traits is having a great feel for where everyone is on the field at any given time. He avoids pressure within the pocket better than anyone in the class. 

Tom Brady is the GOAT in large part due to his unbelievable pocket awareness/manipulation. Dude moved in the pocket better than anyone pretty much ever. He was hardly ever sacked because of the way he was able to sense pressure and avoid it while in the pocket. 

Who wins between Panthers, Patriots? Our panel weighs in | Charlotte  Observer

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The problem with Bryce and putting his "instincts" on a pedestal is that the NFL is where all the players with physical gifts and "instincts" all go.

That all equals out. 

I just think its going to be a rougher road in the NFL for Young.

Not throwing, weighing, I can't see "instincts" elevating an undersized underweight guy above the physical specimens he chose not to throw with.

This is not accurate. 

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Sounds fair to me.  I just keep hearing these "he didn't get hurt in college so he won't get hurt in the NFL" posters.  That's not quite how it works...  

He did get hurt in college and if you watch the hit it wasn't a brutal it. 

My concern is his longevity.  If the guy last only 5 years, we are back to ground zero.

If we take Stroud, he may not have all the traits Young has but he'll grow with Reich and last much longer.

I'll be happy with both but Young just worries me he won't last 10-15 years.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'll admit, Richardson was super interesting as a watch.  Mega talented athlete, played better than his stats, but he's no Cam Newton.  Cam started one year at auburn and was the best player in college that year AND won a National Championship.  Thats part of what made Cam  the #1 pick in 2011.

I just don't see it with AR.  I think he's a great talent, and is going to be very entertaining as a player.  Do I think he's going to turn the Panthers into the "it" team?  Probably not.  I feel like this is smoke from Frank.

It's going to be between Young and Stroud and I'm completely happy with either one.

Don't forget he had a NJCAA National Championship with Blinn College before Auburn.  Richardson had one season with UF.  

I have always said that Richardson is the dark horse.  His ceiling could be higher than all the QBs in this draft.  

I don't think he's the pick.   We have picked up far too many good free agents and not expect to compete in the NFCS.  

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He did get hurt in college and if you watch the hit it wasn't a brutal it. 

My concern is his longevity.  If the guy last only 5 years, we are back to ground zero.

If we take Stroud, he may not have all the traits Young has but he'll grow with Reich and last much longer.

I'll be happy with both but Young just worries me he won't last 10-15 years.

What happens if Anthony Richardson is better than both of these guys?

Gotta consider all options my man.