• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn confirms he'll be playing more LB (closer to the line)

B_Eazi

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This dude is Jamal Adams.

Not sure he has a role in a 3-4.

Trade him to the Broncos for Jeudy or Sutton.

/s

Playing big nickel he will have a huge role. I think we are making to much of the need for another linebacker who won't see the field much regardless 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/2021-defensive-personnel-cowboys-and-bills-abandon-base

We saw a new high-water mark for nickel defense in 2021, with defenses coming out with five defensive backs on 61.4% of all snaps. Base defenses are now used on less than a quarter of all plays,

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He will be our own Micah Parsons. Sorry if someone already said this.  

You can tell in that video he has been stacking weight.

Chinn is a great playmaker but no I don't think he's going to turn into one of the best pass rushers in the league, stacking weight or not.

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

Chinn is a great playmaker but no I don't think he's going to turn into one of the best pass rushers in the league, stacking weight or not.

You are misperceiving my reference.... its how the Cowboys use him.... position-less. They move him from OLB, DE,ILB, and NB... we will most likely do the same. This is how the league is currently transitioning. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Something tells me we're going to see an amazing year out of Jeremy Chinn this season. He's going to be getting a major contract, hope it will be from us.

He's always looked sensational when playing closer to the line - I thought we had a perennial All-Pro on our hands halfway through his rookie season.

Hopefully the new DC unlocks his incredible talent again - even on that little highlights reel they put together on the segment you saw multiple sacks (and none of them were the back-to-back defensive TDs he had). He's just a playmaker closer to the line.

• Pie 3

i'm actually really curious to see how Barno performs in the preseason and if he has progressed at all. especially if Richardson ends up in our division or in the NFC running 4.43, it wouldn't hurt to have a 4.37 rusher after him.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

He will be our own Micah Parsons. Sorry if someone already said this.  

You can tell in that video he has been stacking weight.

Whoa…2x All Pro and 2x Pro Bowl Micah Parsons?  That dude?  Hmmm, I don’t know about that

Edited by Shocker

Maybe it is me but shouldn't we wait to actually see what defenses we will be running with what coverages before deciding if someone is a good fit or not.  Many folks have suggested that defenses run their base defense 30-40% of the time. Most teams are in nickle coverage about 50% of the time in either a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 defense. Imagine all the variations and hybrids you can create.  Chinn at his size can play safety or linebacker so how does he not fit? He can play strong safety as well. Teams love guys who can play multiple positions at a high level. When someone is as talented as Chinn you find ways to use him in your defense. He is a great luxury to have.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Maybe it is me but shouldn't we wait to actually see what defenses we will be running with what coverages before deciding if someone is a good fit or not.  Many folks have suggested that defenses run their base defense 30-40% of the time. Most teams are in nickle coverage about 50% of the time in either a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 defense. Imagine all the variations and hybrids you can create.  Chinn at his size can play safety or linebacker so how does he not fit? He can play strong safety as well. Teams love guys who can play multiple positions at a high level. When someone is as talented as Chinn you find ways to use him in your defense. He is a great luxury to have.

It's more like 75-80% nickel in today's NFL.