• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cynthia Frelund with an interesting analytics look at CJ Stroud and Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wow some very good info in this thread. Thank you all.

I concur with what someone else said in another thread. As we get further into this process and closer to the draft CJ looks to be atop the list with Young and AR next as the talented but riskier options.

Bryce is looking more and more like a bust to me, red flags everywhere.  If the Bryce fanatics don't see it now they got their heads in the sand

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Bryce is looking more and more like a bust to me, red flags everywhere.  If the Bryce fanatics don't see it now they got their heads in the sand

I have to agree. For me if I'm going to risk it all I'd rather shoot for the moon with Richardson. Of all the top QB's Bryce is the only one with durability concerns and skipped the combine. But Stroud is the best option for what we want to do on offense.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I have to agree. For me if I'm going to risk it all I'd rather shoot for the moon with Richardson. Of all the top QB's Bryce is the only one with durability concerns and skipped the combine. But Stroud is the best option for what we want to do on offense.

Young also skipped weigh in at his pro day. That's got to be a red flag that the combine weight was not really his natural weight now. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Seems like Young is in shotgun every play.

Mite just be the system but with being shorter I'm sure it helps.

Yeah I've never seen a play action roll out under center but I haven't watched every snap. Also doubt he'll be doing QB sneaks on 3rd and short. 

31 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Bryce is looking more and more like a bust to me, red flags everywhere.

Please. He may not be the best choice at 1 but a bust? He may get injured but come one. His decision making speed, field vision, and accuracy mean he no likely at all to be a bust. That person is Will Levis.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Yeah….he ain’t getting 3.0+ seconds every play in the NFL.

His scrambling could buy him a lot of time, but those legs are going to get tired at some point.

He's going to have to learn to get settled and find his lanes in the pocket. I think this is the biggest issue with his height. I've said before, I'm not anymore worried about him getting hurt than I am any other player.

The issue with his height is that part of the reason he's always moving is out of necessity in trying to scan the field. He's adapted, but he also has it easier in college than he will in the pros. He'll have DCs planning and scheming for him and he'll have hyper intelligent defensive players playing joker type roles watching him and will be able to take advantage of his tendencies (which everyone has).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

My only problem with Stroud so far is that his voice reminds me of Kermit the Frog. Of course, the last QB who did that was Patrick Mahomes, so maybe that is a very good thing.

I think fans bullied him (Patty) into training a different voice. Last couple interviews I watched with him his voice seemed deeper and less nasally.

• Pie 2