• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I usually agree with safe picks. But we have the #1 overall pick!

If Bryce has a higher ceiling you have to take him even with the durability/size concerns.

Last thing we want is for Bryce Young to look like a stud for the Texans and we just average with a safe QB.

The pressure is all on us. We have our pick of any QB. But we can only pick one and if it isn't the right one we will receive a lot of heat for not getting it right.

I like you was Stroud all offseason. For some reason I get this feeling Young is simply the best QB in this draft. Im judging him off what I see on the field. He is the only QB who has the "it factor" imo. He can't make something out of nothing. Those are usually the QB's you need. Stroud is the safe pick no doubt but will he be better than Bryce is where I start questioning the pick.

Tough decision...

I think it’s two elite prospects with one being less risky. That’s all. Both have great traits and put up fantastic numbers in college.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I didn’t want to make another thread, but Feldman pretty much describes how I feel.

Thanks for sharing. I like everything he said until he said "safe". I don't like decisions made from a position of fear, scarcity, or lack. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, gmonjimbo said:

Thanks for sharing. I like everything he said until he said "safe". I don't like decisions made from a position of fear, scarcity, or lack. 

It’s they are BOTH great with one being more risky. It’s a risk we don’t need to take. Again if we aren’t concerned about risk AR has the highest ceiling. 

I don’t know enough to foresee whether Young will be more injured from a hit than Stroud, but for sure a penalty flag is like cops making an arrest after an assault has taken place. 
The victim is still the victim. If a player was injured, he’s still injured. 

There’s enough incidental/accidental stuff in any given NFL play to do a body part in, ruthlessly too. In an instant you are just done. And sometimes friendly fire does it. 

Also I am more inclined to wonder about Young’s arm than most people, it appears. I am not sold on him having an above average NFL arm, and what he is doing to compensate costs time and space that he may not have to spare. Not gonna go deep on it, I think others that know more than I do see it too. 

• Beer 2

49 minutes ago, ickmule said:

If they do I’m out until he proves successful in the NFL, which I doubt will happen.  

I respect your position because at least you are being honest with how u feel, where many don’t have the balls to do. They only trash Bryce every second they get then follow with, “I’ll be ok with both QBs” lmao. 

When I made a thread about ppl possibly not supporting the QB we take if it’s not “their QB”, some ppl here were upset at me, as if it was a crazy notion. But here we are...

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I respect your position because at least you are being honest with how u feel, where many don’t have the balls to do. They only trash Bryce every second they get then follow with, “I’ll be ok with both QBs” lmao. 

When I made a thread about ppl possibly not supporting the QB we take if it’s not “their QB”, some ppl here were upset at me, as if it was a crazy notion. But here we are...

I think the vast majority supports the team. The team, not a specific draft pick. You can be disappointed with the pick and still support the team. Not sure why you are working so hard at this narrative that people are not being honest, it’s a bit odd.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

I think the vast majority supports the team. The team, not a specific draft pick. You can be disappointed with the pick and still support the team. Not sure why you are working so hard at this narrative that people are not being honest, it’s a bit odd.

That was a long empty whole lot of nothing u wrote. Lol

I said some ppl wouldn’t support our QB the way some didn’t support Cam in my thread.
Ppl like u were upset at me for saying it. Now that someone say they wouldn’t, u wanna change the debate to “supporting the team”. That was never the debate. Keep moving if u have trouble with comprehension buddy…

• Poo 2