• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Bryce Young inching closer to Carolina

TheSpecialJuan

people obsess over this scenario where a 340lb defensive lineman falls with all of his weight on top of Bryce Young as if that wouldn't hurt like hell to anyone including Cam Newton. yes, that's a scenario any team with any quarterback wants to avoid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

According to Steve Smith people are viewing Young processing as elite and a level above Stroud. I believe they said Stroud can be like Dak, where he can be amazing when in rhythm but can struggle when not. 

If teams really are viewing Youngs ability to process and diagnose as head and shoulders above everyone else I think its going to be hard to say no.  

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where is this coming from that the texans are in love with young?

Texans fans seem to think it, but Lance Zeurline I think who hit on what they drafted last year I guess said he's heard they dont like Stroud as much and may take Anderson or Wilson if Young isnt there. I've heard a few Texans beat writers float there is a thought out there it could be true.

As with everything who actually knows.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

isn’t that every defensive coordinators plan regardless of who the QB is?

At the combine Young weighed 204 and Stroud weighed 214 at 6'3.  Apparently those 10lbs make all the difference in if you get hurt when you get sacked or not.  Even if you say thats padded weight by Young there isnt this huge weight difference like people act.  Especially if you consider the fact Stroud is so much taller which means those 10 pounds are stretched more thin.   Even if you figure Young is 195, if you factor in height, Young has more mass than Stroud.   195 at 5'10 is more mass per inch of height than 6'3 214 lbs.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where is this coming from that the texans are in love with young?

Two things stick out for me:

• Before the CHI trade they were tied steady to Young and there was little debate about it.
  • Stroud's agent is Deshaun Watson's. They won't avoid him forever but I can't imagine they're eager to work with him.
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Two things stick out for me:

• Before the CHI trade they were tied steady to Young and there was little debate about it.
  • Stroud's agent is Deshaun Watson's. They won't avoid him forever but I can't imagine they're eager to work with him.

Pretty sure BY has Watson's agent as well.