• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young's built sturdier than Stroud per BMI

MechaZain

Just now, Martin said:

The denial it takes to argue that everyone outside of the Young crowd on the Huddle is wrong and Young’s size is not considered a potential issue is staggering 

Both QBs have flaws/potential issues and it’s ok to admit to it

• Flames 1

Injury risk is possible on every play at every position. I just prefer Stroud because I think he'll be a better player, in the end. But I still think, against all trends, that both CJ and BY are going to be successful QBs in the league. Both will need to adjust to the NFL though, but they've each got some excellent tools to do so. Not too long until we find out who we're hitching our wagon to.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Injury risk is possible on every play at every position. I just prefer Stroud because I think he'll be a better player, in the end. But I still think, against all trends, that both CJ and BY are going to be successful QBs in the league. Both will need to adjust to the NFL though, but they've each got some excellent tools to do so. Not too long until we find out who we're hitching our wagon to.

I’m with you 100%. I think both will be good and I’ll be happy with whatever the staff decides, but I don’t really understand the “if Bryce was bigger he would be the undisputed #1” crowd. Even if they were the same size, Stroud is still more accurate and has a stronger arm. Those are pretty important attributes for the position and those are the reasons I want Stroud over Young.

But the honest truth is I’ll be perfectly happy with either because I think both could be franchise QBs. I just prefer the better arm to the better improvisation. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wut?

If you look at him from just the right angle and squint your eyes just as the sun hits, he is not really 5"10 185 pounds. 

All people want to talk about is him not getting hurt because of his size......but what about having to cater your entire offense to make up for his size? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

If you look at him from just the right angle and squint your eyes just as the sun hits, he is not really 5"10 185 pounds. 

All people want to talk about is him not getting hurt because of his size......but what about having to cater your entire offense to make up for his size? 

Apparently throwing out 1/3 of the playbook doesn't bother these people

• Pie 4

THE BUCKEYE QB FIRST ROUND CURSE

Everyone is focusing on Young's size and hoping that it is not a factor.  Nobody is talking about the fact that Ohio State University has produced the following first round QBs (only 4, oddly) and there seems to be a curse!!:

Don Scott, 9th overall pick, 1941: drafted by the Chicago Bears.  Scott went to war as an Air Force Pilot and died in a plane crash during a training mission in England.  He never played a down in the NFL.

Ohio State Football on Twitter: "Honoring our nation's heroes #MemorialDay  https://t.co/x3tUSblP0S" / Twitter

Art Schlichter:  4th overall PICK, 1982 draft. He was a bust. For his career, a total of 13 games with the Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts, he completed 45% of his passes and threw 11 interceptions and only 3 TDs. He went to prison for gambling and other stuff.  Was released at age 61 last year.
image.jpeg.f69a8aee23a78ee7b86b6ee29da1b7eb.jpeg

Dwayne Haskins:  15th overall selection, 2019. In college in 2018, threw for 5,308 yards and 54 touchdowns.  WOW.  To Compare, in 2022, Stroud threw for 3688 and 41 touchdowns--that is a difference of over 100 yards and 1 TD pass per game.  Haskins busted.  Tragically, was hit by a dump truck and killed last year.

image.jpeg.88a488a4b24f52f27f609d8ecf75a29a.jpeg

Justin Fields:  11th overall selection, 2021 Draft.  So far the most successful, Fields has thrown 21 interceptions in the 25 games he has started in Chicago.  Of those 25 starts, the Fields led Bears have won 5 games.  His career passing percentage is below 60% and he is averaging less that 1 TD pass per game started.  So far, he is OSU's best NFL product at QB.

Justin Fields 'tired' of Bears being 'almost there' after another loss

The Buckeye curse is alive and well.   DO WE WANT TO TAUNT IT?

image.jpeg.03566029e02e4317e53c951d21dd6b86.jpeg

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

THE BUCKEYE QB FIRST ROUND CURSE

Everyone is focusing on Young's size and hoping that it is not a factor.  Nobody is talking about the fact that Ohio State University has produced the following first round QBs (only 4, oddly) and there seems to be a curse!!:

Don Scott, 9th overall pick, 1941: drafted by the Chicago Bears.  Scott went to war as an Air Force Pilot and died in a plane crash during a training mission in England.  He never played a down in the NFL.

Ohio State Football on Twitter: "Honoring our nation's heroes #MemorialDay  https://t.co/x3tUSblP0S" / Twitter

Art Schlichter:  4th overall PICK, 1982 draft. He was a bust. For his career, a total of 13 games with the Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts, he completed 45% of his passes and threw 11 interceptions and only 3 TDs. He went to prison for gambling and other stuff.  Was released at age 61 last year.
image.jpeg.f69a8aee23a78ee7b86b6ee29da1b7eb.jpeg

Dwayne Haskins:  15th overall selection, 2019. In college in 2018, threw for 5,308 yards and 54 touchdowns.  WOW.  To Compare, in 2022, Stroud threw for 3688 and 41 touchdowns--that is a difference of over 100 yards and 1 TD pass per game.  Haskins busted.  Tragically, was hit by a dump truck and killed last year.

image.jpeg.88a488a4b24f52f27f609d8ecf75a29a.jpeg

Justin Fields:  11th overall selection, 2021 Draft.  So far the most successful, Fields has thrown 21 interceptions in the 25 games he has started in Chicago.  Of those 25 starts, the Fields led Bears have won 5 games.  His career passing percentage is below 60% and he is averaging less that 1 TD pass per game started.  So far, he is OSU's best NFL product at QB.

Justin Fields 'tired' of Bears being 'almost there' after another loss

The Buckeye curse is alive and well.   DO WE WANT TO TAUNT IT?

image.jpeg.03566029e02e4317e53c951d21dd6b86.jpeg

We don't need any curses. We need an accurate QB that can throw to his target with ease.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523