• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

Regardless of if this is smoke or real, this is also why I was always very against trading a big haul to move up to #1 in this draft, just too many question marks on each of the top guys.

Think we'd have been better off keeping all those assets and seeing if one of the 4 fell to us at 9 or a slight move up to take either AR or Levis and still keep Moore and another pick or two at the same time.

They really better not screw this up or they just set this franchise back at least 5 years.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, DrowsyJungle said:

Yup. No coaches at Ohio State are going to try to diminish the draft stock of their own prospect. Getting a number 1 overall pick for their program is huge for recruiting.  

I bet they aren’t all perfect pieces of clay when they try and shape them, you don’t advertise it though. 
There are plenty of reasons to speak well of them, def including recruiting. 
So would a coach front like that and protect a player, publicly? Yeah I think so. Would he tell scouts the story if it were different? I think they would know he was BS real fast if he didn’t. Could that get out? It could.
There are some layers here. I don’t know what the deal is, just considering possibilities. 

Edited by stratocatter

On 4/11/2023 at 7:31 PM, MHS831 said:

Funny how much stuff comes out about folks just before the draft.  I take this with a grain of salt--

Everyone is fighting for clicks, and the more the attention turns toward the draft, the more some people are going to exploit some minor comment or point taken out of context.

From what I have seen and heard, CJ would be a great teammate and player, and I doubt he is no more difficult to coach than Russell Wilson, for example, and we never heard that much about his dispositions.

Literally the only thing real was Tunsil ripping that gas mask bong. 

• Pie 1

Lance Zierlein says he spoke with a NFC GM on the draft. Says that Reich doesn't want Bryce but the ownership does so they are making the decision. Starts at 4:26 mark.

This is interesting....I have already said this before, Reich should get the guy he wants. IF ownership is meddling, then this will just end up a giant shitstorn down the road if it doesn't work. And it would honestly make me support the pick less. You dont bring a new coach in here specifically to find a QB who is also a guru of the position and not get the guy he believes in the most. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lance Zierlein says he spoke with a NFC GM on the draft. Says that Reich doesn't want Bryce but the ownership does so they are making the decision. Starts at 4:26 mark.

This is interesting....I have already said this before, Reich should get the guy he wants. IF ownership is meddling, then this will just end up a giant shitstorn down the road if it doesn't work. And it would honestly make me support the pick less. You dont bring a new coach in here specifically to find a QB who is also a guru of the position and not get the guy he believes in the most. 

From what the media were saying Tepper and his wife were pretty much had some influence by spending a lot of time with Bryce and his family. I'm not saying it has to do with our owner meddling but from what was said between John & Lance it does sound somewhat obvious it is possible it did happen. This should be only between the HC, GM, and a few other staff members and not Tepper making the final call.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

While I feel like Tepper probably shouldn’t just override anybody, he was always gonna be heavily involved in this decision because the QB is gonna be the face of his team. That, and the fact that the last coach he hired made poor QB decisions (which is his fault for hiring him but still). 

That said though, I do believe the final call should and will come down to Fitt and Reich. I’m kinda just ready for draft day to be here already so all this speculation can end lol

• Pie 1

I was on the “no one knows who we are picking” train…until I stumbled across this fella on twitter. Of course everyone is saying Bryce, but this dude knew about our trade before anyone and now he is saying the decision is made and it’s Bryce:

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

That sucks.   He had similar comments on the morning rush radio show

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You mean the racism? No need to sugar coat it.

there was a lot of that to be sure. a lot of the negativity i think was grounded in that. saw a lot of it heading into the superbowl run. definitely saw a lot of it after losing it. i stayed up for about 5 hours afterwards banning new dozens of accounts who came in just to throw their racist crap towards the team and cam. it was pretty bad.

it seems like it's not the big deal it was to draft a black QB anymore. we have a ways to go, but i think the game has changed to catch up to what Cam was doing and with it black QBs are now less of an anomaly. just one of many ways Cam was good for the game.

• Beer 3