• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

I'd even go a step further and say that if you're an NFL team at the top of the draft and the difference between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud ends up being that you determine Stroud is not "easy to coach" then to me that's a sign that you didn't do the work you needed to do. there are plenty of differences between these two quarterbacks just in terms of onfield play, more than enough for you to make the determination that's right for your team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Wow - where is all this Stroud hate coming from suddenly. I really hope the Panthers ignore the media noise and not overthink this decision.  It needs to be Stroud.  You've risked too much to get this pick wrong.  His floor is an NFL starting QB, his ceiling is a top 10 QB.  

The coaches and scouts dont listen to the media at all to make their decisions.  This is just for the fans and views unless teams are giving them the info to begin with 

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Young Lion is calling B.S., seen this before.

Screenshot_20221014-152035~2.png

I all seriousness if we do draft Young, Corral could develop into a solid backup for him.  Both are quick QBs that can avoid pressure and have quick accurate releases.  The playbook wouldn't have to change that much...

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

To me that’s his biggest red flag. The pressure issues got better as the season progressed, but he has always had elite talent around him. It’s a question mark on how he can handle playing with lesser talent around him. He is still my preference, but I totally get it. 

I get this narrative, but lets not pretend that Alabama does not also trot out a team full of complete studs.  I know this past season he supposedly had no weapons or whatever, but its still Alabama.  That team is chock full of 5 star kids. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CmC2k said:

The big difference in why I believe we favor Bryce over CJ is that we saw Bryce's ability to elevate his team with a lesser supporting cast this year at Bama. We've also seen Bryce's ability to show up in big games and in the clutch find a way to win. With CJ we just haven't had the opportunity to see that skillset with how loaded Ohio states roster is. 

I think Bryce was fantastic, but this lesser supporting cast is just not true. Alabama is top 3 every year in recruiting rankings and the team is absolutely stacked. The only team with similar or slightly better recruiting is Georgia. They  also played a less than impressive schedule this year. They WRs might not be big names yet, but they also had the best receiving RB in college. Again, great player, really clutch etc. But he had the better team around him by far in close to all games they played.

• Pie 1

Just now, joemac said:

I get this narrative, but lets not pretend that Alabama does not also trot out a team full of complete studs.  I know this past season he supposedly had no weapons or whatever, but its still Alabama.  That team is chock full of 5 star kids. 

That's fair.  I just think Olave, Wilson, JSN, and MHJ would be overkill in the weapons department and his LT is probably going early in this draft.  Alabama is always loaded and Young wasn't playing with scrubs, but I think Stroud had some WRs running wide open a lot more than Young did.  It doesn't mean Stroud can't do it with less talent around him, it's just an unknown at this point.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I all seriousness if we do draft Young, Corral could develop into a solid backup for him.  Both are quick QBs that can avoid pressure and have quick accurate releases.  The playbook wouldn't have to change that much...

Everyone in football is one play away. Looking at it this way and with what you just said, Young doesn't scare me as much IF they're keeping our boy. He's growing up, looking heavier than 212lbs too, hooked up with Jordan brand I see. 

Interested George Clooney GIF

Screenshot_20230412-092453~2.png

I want Bryce, but this is silly. CJ seems to be a good kid. His coach and teammates have nothing but good to say about him, so all this is puzzling. Reminds me of that Nawrocki fake smile crap pushed on Cam. Still can’t believe you had posters defending that lol. 

• Pie 4