• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly talking Bryce Young

poundaway

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

It is a comfort to hear Luke Kuechly speak highly of Bryce Young. Now we have to wait and see what happens.

I have my own preference about which QB the Panthers should draft between Young and Stroud.

However,  I will  trust our new fine  coaches, who have more insight than I do, to make the right call, and will gladly support and abide by their decision. 

I'm not saying he's lying or anything but what else is he really going to say? Luke is not going to talk bad about anyone.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm not saying he's lying or anything but what else is he really going to say? Luke is not going to talk bad about anyone.

If Luke truly thought Young was a mistake, he'd say nothing.

Luke may be a Panthers puppet just saying whatever they tell him to, but I doubt it.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

If Luke truly thought Young was a mistake, he'd say nothing.

Luke may be a Panthers puppet just saying whatever they tell him to, but I doubt it.

It's not like he was on there to talk just QBs, or at least it doesn't seem that way. I really don't care either way though - just funny discussions around college players this time of year. We'll see what happens on draft night.

He is tiny and an outlier size wise. That is just a fact. It might not concern you at all, which is totally fine. But continuing to argue that he is not small is just really weird. Saying people are stupid when they are concerned about his size is also weird. 

• Pie 1

One other thing that will be interesting is how defenses will attack him. Because of both his height and stature, I think the refs will be flag-happy. If "central casting" height defenders use good technique and lower to tackle, the chance is high that they'll be flagged for unnecessary roughness because their hits will look helmet-to-helmet. In the flip side, because he's lower to the ground, trying to tackle him low could be seen as too close to his knees--another flag. And because he's so light, hits that might seem normal for most will look unnecessary to the refs.

Before long, defenders may be afraid to hit him until they figure out a way to do so without being flagged. By then, I think he will take less severe hits to avoid all doubt.

• Pie 1