• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

But Bryce Young did good on a test...right??

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

granted they got a top 10ish wr in the trade and a future first but I honestly think they could have milked the #1 pick for a ton more value.  They could have made 3 trades and still been in the top 10

i was thinking before the trade about all the ways they could be building up a real arsenal of picks, but i'm glad they didn't.

Just now, rayzor said:

i was thinking before the trade about all the ways they could be building up a real arsenal of picks, but i'm glad they didn't.

It was incredibly short sighted on poles to want a deal before free agency started.  He could have had numerous teams bidding against each other.  Pretty fuging stupid to be in a rush IMO

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Arm strength is probably the right answer.  He is a very accurate QB.

At Fresno State, he completed 68.2% of his passes. In his final season, Haener had a completion percentage of 72%. In addition to being accurate, Haener was extremely careful with the football. In three seasons, Haener had a 67:17 TD-INT ratio for the Bulldogs

I honestly know nothing about him, but a high completion percentage doesn't necessarily mean an accurate thrower. It could have been scheme results or him being good at reading defenses and adjusting (i.e., quick hitters on blitzes, check downs to RBs, etc.)

I would guess if he isn't being talked about, his arm is super weak, he lacks athleticism, and probably has a slow release time when throwing

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

what about year 2 Lamar? Eagles were not ready to move on from Hurts.. haha... he had 26 TDs in his sophmore season and the eagles traded away their picks because they were confident in him. 

Im not against you defending Fields, but dont use false story lines to support it. 

Is that why they were trying to trade for Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson? They had an offer in place to get Wilson but Wilson wouldn't waive his no trade clause for Philly. Yeah, totally sounds like they were not ready to move on from Hurts lol

17 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I honestly know nothing about him, but a high completion percentage doesn't necessarily mean an accurate thrower. It could have been scheme results or him being good at reading defenses and adjusting (i.e., quick hitters on blitzes, check downs to RBs, etc.)

I would guess if he isn't being talked about, his arm is super weak, he lacks athleticism, and probably has a slow release time when throwing

He's accurate.  Also called protections pre-snap in a progression pass system.  Was asked to do a lot presnap & not reliant on any of that trendy RPO stuff.  You're right w/the assumption re: athleticism & arm though, and it's why he's not a high end prospect.  Simple as that.  

Was told at his pro-day to expect to be a 3rd-5th which checks.  Can see him being a totally viable backup in the league that could turn into a starter.  If anyone watched that UCLA upset of his, he's a dog.  The kid just grinds for it.  I see a bit of Heinicke meets safer-with-the-ball-Fitzmagic in him.  Just needs to keep bulking up.  

More relevant--Moreno-Cropper was his main target who I could see being a later round target for us.  Solid receiver.  

36 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

And when he still throws for 100 yards a game, rushes for 150, and gets hurt multiple times next season, what will the excuse be then?

Wait are you digging a QB for 250 yards of offense a game? 

Also, they already plan on running him a lot less next season. They had to do it out of necessity this year. Both Fields and Eberflus have said as much. 

14 hours ago, Varking said:

Wait are you digging a QB for 250 yards of offense a game? 

Also, they already plan on running him a lot less next season. They had to do it out of necessity this year. Both Fields and Eberflus have said as much. 

No, but what he is = a run first QB. And what I have seen from QBs like that is they will have a short shelf life if they aren't freakishly built like Cam (who himself barely made it to 30 before the wear and tear broke him).

The Bears are doing him no favors because they are calling like 10-15 designed runs a game for him (again, because he is limited as a passer). I just don't see him making it another 2-3 seasons with his physique.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

He's accurate.  Also called protections pre-snap in a progression pass system.  Was asked to do a lot presnap & not reliant on any of that trendy RPO stuff.  You're right w/the assumption re: athleticism & arm though, and it's why he's not a high end prospect.  Simple as that.  

Was told at his pro-day to expect to be a 3rd-5th which checks.  Can see him being a totally viable backup in the league that could turn into a starter.  If anyone watched that UCLA upset of his, he's a dog.  The kid just grinds for it.  I see a bit of Heinicke meets safer-with-the-ball-Fitzmagic in him.  Just needs to keep bulking up.  

More relevant--Moreno-Cropper was his main target who I could see being a later round target for us.  Solid receiver.  

Makes sense then that he is not being talked about. Sounds like a QB you can scheme around to make him look pretty good if he has a good O-line + weapons.

I honestly don't think Purdy is anything special. But when you have a top 5 RB, TE, and good WRs, you don't need to be great. He pretty much avoided the back breaking mistakes and just rode those playmakers + their defense the entire season.

Not saying QBs like that are bad - they just won't win you any games.

17 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm more- its great we finally have a highly drafted rookie qb to build around then a stupid ass shitty retread

I loved Cam and his play was electric but I’m gonna enjoy watching either Young or Stroud picking apart defences with pin point passes