• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to take the Falcons seriously?

Ivory Panther

I have a sneaking suspicion they will get Lamar. They’re just playing it VERY close to the vest and likely using back channels given they had a parade pretty much lined up for Watson only to lose out on him last minute.

their coach is vastly underrated. This guy is the son of a billionaire and could hold a million dollar a year meaningless job at FedEx but instead is watching tape and sleeping in the coaches office, he’s hungry to succeed.

i would not sleep on ATL

not quiet, but they are in the mix now. 

i was impressed by their coaching staff last yr. i had them as the worst team, they were not close to that and mainly played hard with less talent...

still thats not 2020 bates and my guy CC is 89 years old....

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

their coach is vastly underrated. This guy is the son of a billionaire and could hold a million dollar a year meaningless job at FedEx but instead is watching tape and sleeping in the coaches office, he’s hungry to succeed.

i would not sleep on ATL

Interesting info about the Smith family.  Googled his father...interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_W._Smith

In 1962, Smith entered Yale University. While attending Yale, he wrote a paper for an economics class, outlining overnight delivery service, on which he received a “C”.

Was a minority owner of the Redskins..sold out in 2021 because of Snyder.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 1

You had has sweeping them really , before either of our teams have played a single down ,before we even know who our starting QB is, hope doesn't equal wins, we might be playoff contenders, we might be worse than Rhule Era, that's the gamble with any new coach, especially one that was recently fired, and had the same QB by committy that Rhule had 

Some Panther fans need a reality check, we ain't done nothing yet 

• Poo 1

I still think one of our biggest advantages is our coaching  staff will bring on game day.  

I can’t wait to see Caldwell and Capers assist on setting up some mad scientist poo to put in Brown’s and Evero’s hands.

We were somewhat competitive with total shot gameplans let’s see what  happens  when we put the players in great situations on game day. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, backINblack28 said:

their roster is aggressively mediocre on D. I still see nothing threatening from a skill position group (or OL) that makes me think a toss up at young QB will be able to do much

Really ? The Falcons offensive line play improved in 2022 in a very similar fashion as the Panthers. The Falcons skill position group has improved too.  Drake London and Kyle Pitts catching passes with a 1k rookie running back (Tyler Alligier ) coming back with more confidence and experience in his 2nd year. Cordalle Patterson is a good 3rd down back. 

AJ Terrell and Okudah at corner with Bates roaming at Safety. Improved pass rush. They have a top 10 pick at their disposal for more talent too, while we use our top resource on our future QB.  I truly believe we are underestimating them if we think they won’t be a challenge. 

I think the Saints are going to fall on their face, while the Falcons improve and scare us for the better part of the season. 

Panther Defensive additions:

• Defensive End: Williams, Tuttle,  Anderson (counting him because he was out so much last season),
  • Nose Tackle:  Penisini
  • Linebacker: Grugier-Hill
  • Safety/Nickel:  Rowe, Bell

THAT is ALSO Seven Players (4-5 possible starters) that should contribute and allow us to use Chinn better.

Panther Offensive Additions:

• Guard: McCray
  • Tight End: Hurst
  • Wide Receiver:  Chark, Theilen, Byrd
  • Quarterback: Dalton
  • Running Back: Sanders

Another Seven Players--4 starters (5 if you count Bozeman)--bringing the total of free agents expected to contribute to 14 players.

Edited by MHS831
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

You had has sweeping them really , before either of our teams have played a single down ,before we even know who our starting QB is, hope doesn't equal wins, we might be playoff contenders, we might be worse than Rhule Era, that's the gamble with any new coach, especially one that was recently fired, and had the same QB by committy that Rhule had 

Some Panther fans need a reality check, we ain't done nothing yet 

Ain't done nothing yet? We have put together a very strong coaching staff on both sides of the ball. We added a couple top notch players to what was already a pretty good D. We strengthened our Offense at every position. Although we could still use a Power Back and a true #1WR.

This team could make the Playoffs with Dalton starting. The only thing standing in the way of our ascension is when will our Rook QB start balling out.

I know I'm no expert like so many others around here appear to be. But this team has a chance to be pretty dang good. Pfft at Atl.

• Pie 1