• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Top QB better fits the new OC play calling style..

10 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

It’s incredibly lazy. Like I’ve said countless times. Does the NCAA have a bunch of skinny dudes playing dt and de? The argument is shear size. Not skill, not technique. He’s already “had to face 320 DT”. He hasn’t died yet.

So you're saying college players are comparable to NFL pro players in terms of size and speed?

• Poo 1

49 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Here's the thing that is funniest about this whole fuggin Young vs Stroud debate...

Why out do much energy into debating which is best? So when your guy isn't drafted you can go into mourning together? Stage a revolt on Mint St.?

I mean why try to win everyone to one side or another? Is it a democracy? Are we voting on this? 

Fug it... they're going to pick who they pick and there's not a damn thing any of you can do to influence it. 

Just be happy that we've got a killer staff who knows more about offense than any collection of coaches we've ever had by people who know QBs better than anyone in here. Be happy that we've got the choice of them all and this crew is going to actually be picking them and not any dumb fugs in here (which is actually better than the previous coaching staff, but that's another story). 

Quit working yourself up so much and just sit back and enjoy the ride, dammit.

Pretty much 

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Here's the thing that is funniest about this whole fuggin Young vs Stroud debate...

Why out do much energy into debating which is best? So when your guy isn't drafted you can go into mourning together? Stage a revolt on Mint St.?

I mean why try to win everyone to one side or another? Is it a democracy? Are we voting on this? 

Fug it... they're going to pick who they pick and there's not a damn thing any of you can do to influence it. 

Just be happy that we've got a killer staff who knows more about offense than any collection of coaches we've ever had by people who know QBs better than anyone in here. Be happy that we've got the choice of them all and this crew is going to actually be picking them and not any dumb fugs in here (which is actually better than the previous coaching staff, but that's another story). 

Quit working yourself up so much and just sit back and enjoy the ride, dammit.

End of the day I'm hoping for a Lombardi party like we all should...I'm just saying one isn't head and shoulders above the other..well literally one is but you get it

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336
  • Pie 2

I hate that so few can have a conversation now without going so extreme. A lot of the Stroud guys are pretending like Young is undraftable because of his size and a lot of the Young guys are pretending like his size is completely irrelevant. It's annoying because I just want to read good football discussions!!!!!!11!!1

Anyway, being 200 pounds (on a good day) is risky for a QB who spends so much time in the pocket and is getting hit by people 100-150 pounds larger than him and just as athletic. Can he overcome it? Sure, he's smart as hell. It's a risk, nonetheless. 

Side note, don't count on him gaining size in the NFL. He gained 11 pounds over the course of his college career in a S&C + Nutrition program that is as good as any in the NFL. He'll naturally get a little bigger but he'll always be small.

If the coaching staff feels that he's head and shoulders above Stroud at actually playing football, I'll disagree with their assessment (stop pretending these guys know better 100% of the time just because they are in the NFL, they get it wrong all the time too) but I'll trust them enough to support the decision. I just want to us win football games!!!

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CamTheMan said:

If the coaching staff feels that he's head and shoulders above Stroud at actually playing football, I'll disagree with their assessment (stop pretending these guys know better 100% of the time just because they are in the NFL, they get it wrong all the time too) but I'll trust them enough to support the decision. I just want to us win football games!!!

I think this is a reasonable and very healthy take.  I have confidence in what the FO is doing in vetting the options. It sounds like they are carefully evaluating and avoiding group think.  Just want to enjoy the ride. 

9 hours ago, Varking said:

That last defender, in the NFL, probably puts a hole in his chest. 

there are at least 3 plays in there that are easy sacks in the nfl with a couple having direct hits as he steps the wrong way.  The play at 1:00 is nice though and a ton of the rest is just the bama line manhandling the defense for all sorts of time.

Why in the hell would someone put the play at 1:13 in there.  Damn the kid had all day to make something happen

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, CamTheMan said:

I hate that so few can have a conversation now without going so extreme. A lot of the Stroud guys are pretending like Young is undraftable because of his size and a lot of the Young guys are pretending like his size is completely irrelevant. It's annoying because I just want to read good football discussions!!!!!!11!!1

Anyway, being 200 pounds (on a good day) is risky for a QB who spends so much time in the pocket and is getting hit by people 100-150 pounds larger than him and just as athletic. Can he overcome it? Sure, he's smart as hell. It's a risk, nonetheless. 

Side note, don't count on him gaining size in the NFL. He gained 11 pounds over the course of his college career in a S&C + Nutrition program that is as good as any in the NFL. He'll naturally get a little bigger but he'll always be small.

Yep ditto your thoughts above are my thoughts. Rooting for both guys as long as Atlanta doesn’t pick up one of the two. I realize Bryce is amazing. Is he head and shoulders above Stroud ? I’m not sure about that. I have definitely seen enough tape to feel comfortable about Bryce’s size because I’m almost convinced he has eyes in the back of his head. His pocket presence and awareness is that good. 

My only concern now is his ability to play under center effectively. For a number 1 pick you have to be effective in different pro sets. 

Shotgun 95% of the time makes our offense less effective. I guess we will see. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2