• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

I hope CJ dispels 2 myths:

That Ohio State quarterbacks can't succeed.  

And that these S2 test mean anything.

By the way, if it's true that bad scores on the S2 predict bad players, but great scores don't necessarily predict good players...why the heck would ANYONE take this test??? Seems to have more drawbacks than advantages. 

10 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

I hope CJ dispels 2 myths:

That Ohio State quarterbacks can't succeed.  

And that these S2 test mean anything.

By the way, if it's true that bad scores on the S2 predict bad players, but great scores don't necessarily predict good players...why the heck would ANYONE take this test??? Seems to have more drawbacks than advantages. 

without seeing the entire body of results, its impossible to know just how effective the s2 test is or isnt.   But if a low score can tank your draft stock I agree, why take it?

16 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

When a play breaks down or when he is pressured, Young excels. Bennett does not. Bennett needs his pocket and his huge ass TEs. UGA wanted to run it down their opponents throats then let Bennett keep the defense honest. Bennett the weakest link on UGA’s offense and Young was the biggest strength of Alabama’s offense. Basically polar opposites in regards to their offenses. 

Sorry, but Young wasn't the strong point of the Alabama offense. That was Jameson Williams, Jahmir Gibbs, their offensive line, tight ends, and coaching. 

Now Tua, Tua was a dude at Alabama. Young couldn't even out perform Mac Jones statistically with the same quality of players around him. What does that say about a guy? 

Give me CJ, Levis, or Richardson. With Young, you get what you're gonna get. Even Brees was 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier yet we all know how small he looked.

People are going to be in shock when they first see him behind an NFL offensive line.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Sorry, but Young wasn't the strong point of the Alabama offense. That was Jameson Williams, Jahmir Gibbs, their offensive line, tight ends, and coaching. 

Now Tua, Tua was a dude at Alabama. Young couldn't even out perform Mac Jones statistically with the same quality of players around him. What does that say about a guy? 

Give me CJ, Levis, or Richardson. With Young, you get what you're gonna get. Even Brees was 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier yet we all know how small he looked.

People are going to be in shock when they first see him behind an NFL offensive line.

The first player you named wasn’t even on the roster last year. It was the Bryce Young show you are just having some issues accepting him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We don't know what Stroud's final draft position will be, so its early to say he's tanked.   He may go 2nd, to Houston or whoever Houston trades with.

Reports coming out now say the Panthers, Houston and others were trading up to get Young all along.  Houston says they don't use S2.  Besides, his S2 score just supported what you see on film and in the stats, that he struggles under pressure. 

QB's have to be able to handle the press.  Young has answered question after question about his height.  CJ should be able to handle a few questions about his S2.

CJ Stroud (Channeling Pat Benatar):

I'm an invincible winner and you know that I was born to be...

A dream maker, heartbreaker

An NFL player

Don't you mess around with me

I'm a, dream maker, heartbreaker

An NFL player, BUT-NO-TEST-TAKER!!!

NO-TEST-TAKER!!!

NO, NO, NO!!!!

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

3 hours ago, Puresteel55 said:

How could he have amassed the stats he has in college (similar to Young) if he was a poor processor? Just asking.

What I was referring to was the results of his S2 score leading to the conclusion that his processing is poor, so he'd be the outlier in that he'd have to break the mold that there are no successful NFL starters that have scored low on the S2.  Stroud did have impressive numbers for sure and I don't think its a stretch to say that he is the most accurate passer in the draft, though some people may argue that he was in a very QB friendly system where he didn't have to make many tough decisions, his receiving core were some of the best in college, and his struggles under pressure.  

I do like Stroud and in the past, I think Stroud would have been the clear favorite, but with the direction the league is going in, I think the traits that Young possesses will lead him to more success and that's what I want for the Carolina Panthers.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Are you kidding? Mac had one of the most stacked Alabama offenses. He had DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Najee Harris, John Metchie, and was behind a way better line that had Evan Neal, Landon Dickerson, and Alex Leatherwood.

While leatherwood has been trending bust, not one of Young’s linemen is going to be an early day pick. Literally the only other person on Alabama 2022 offense that’s  going to go early is Gibbs. Bryce lost all the best weapons on his team from 21 to 22 and still carried his team, put up numbers, and came in clutch. Mac was throwing to multiple first round receivers behind multiple first round offensive linemen. Cmon man.

Edited by Coheed
  • Pie 1