• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers HC Frank Reich has talked to Luke Kuechly about joining his coaching staff

TheSpecialJuan

I think Luke just enjoys being around football but doesn't feel ready for a coaching position. Luke's demeanor has always been a very quiet presence off the field but on the field he was a maniac! It's kind of weird to see him yelling at players to get the most out of them. At least Reich knows how to treat Panthers legends compared to Rhule. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Luke has tens of millions and a girlfriend/wife who’s a surgeon. He doesn’t need a demanding job and I doubt he wants one.

Don't think it has much to do with need with people like Luke. He would do it because he wants to compete 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Luke is enjoying life being around football but knows that coaching will consume it again. Deer season and football coaching don't go hand in hand.

Could be back in coaching in the future but I'm not holding my breath for anything soon.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think the pro scouting role he had before really might be the better option for him.

One of the prime duties of a pro scout is to watch film of other teams to look for tendencies and exploitable things.

Luke was always phenomenal at that.

• Pie 6

He would be an incredible asset for us. His preparation and knowledge of the LB position and defense would be hugely beneficial. 

That said, he seems pretty happy with the retired life and I wouldn't blame him for continuing that life in the slightest! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1