• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Send in the Clowns

TheMaulClaw

I see what they are trying to do. Evero’s scheme runs off of two different edge rushers. We used to call this an Anchor (Run Stopper) and a Buck (Speed Rusher). Johnson and YGM are likely there to set the edge and control the LOS while the other side causes chaos (Burns, Barno, Haynes).

However, I don’t think YGM and Johnson are going to be that good at doing it, and I’m more concerned about our front 3 against the run than anything else on the team right now.

• Beer 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

I’m probably going to be a broken record, but I really feel that Haynes is massively undervalued by the fanbase.

As far as I’m concerned, and considering 2022 snap counts, he’s our other starting OLB right now.

Forgot about him. I feel like we have enough to work with for now for a first year in a new system. See what you have with the young linebackers. If needed get a vet before season but give the guys we have a chance to step up

8 hours ago, csx said:

Forgot about him. I feel like we have enough to work with for now for a first year in a new system. See what you have with the young linebackers. If needed get a vet before season but give the guys we have a chance to step up

I don't think that is a good idea.  We have a new scheme and a defensive coordinator that will be open to every player on this team.  I'm not saying your not right but let's wait to see what Evero can do with our players.

6 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’d be all for he’s always been pretty stout in run defence of I’d try swing a trade for Chase Young 

Is Chase Young available? How has his career started so far? He seemed like he had a bright future at first? If he still has all that potential and is available for trade I would look into that immediately.

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Is Chase Young available? How has his career started so far? He seemed like he had a bright future at first? If he still has all that potential and is available for trade I would look into that immediately.

Seemed like he had a bright future? Lol, dude was the consensus best non-QB in the draft and taken right after Burrow. He was considered to be Myles Garrett level talented. Pretty sure he was also considered better than the Bosas when he came out.

He’s been a massive bust after being the DROY. He’s been hurt for two years but even when he played 12 games in those 2 years he only had 1.5 sacks and 5 QB hits. I don’t recall what his injuries are but he really dropped in year 2 while starting 9 games.

Washington already declined his 5th year options so they obviously have reservations that he’ll ever reach his potential but I don’t think they’ll trade him for peanuts because he was the #2 pick and has been hurt.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Beer 1