• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Exactly Are We Doing on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and Goal Line Situations?

Hoenheim

48 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I feel like most people are just being snarky in here and acting like Converting short yardage is an easy task when I've seen the team struggle with it previously. Yes different staff and players but I have some bad memories of cmc getting walled in crucial short yard scenarios. 

No you don't need a big power back but it helps. Can you really tell me Foreman didn't help in that regard??

Somebody said Tom Brady and qb sneak.  Tom Brady is 6 foot 4 come on 

I just see Bryce always on shotgun all the time in his highlights, and it just made me wonder how we're going to covert goal line situations. 

I hope that Camerun dude from app state makes the roster and replace Blackshear or Chubba. 

I'm  not saying it's easy and I don't think really anyone is. I just don't know why anyone is worried about this stuff right now?

I could see it being a concern if the season was starting in a week or two, but it's not.

The team we have post draft isn't the finished product.

These guys are smart. They know where we need help and they've got options to address it still. There will be free agents. There will be schemes utilizing who we've got. They'll make adjustments and adapt and find a way to make it work.

Call me naive, but I trust this group of coaches and this FO to find who we need and figure it all out using who we have when the season actually starts. It's not like the team is being run by Matt Rhule anymore.

Give it time. Lord knows we've got plenty of it before the season starts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

So the line will just push up instead of forward. This creates a teepee or arch effect, thus allowing our tiny QB to earn several yards. The D wont be looking at their legs and he slips on by. Also at his height, every tackle is close to a head shot. Easy+15

Sometimes converting short yardage is more than just run it up the middle with your biggest guy. Tom Brady is the king in converting short yardage QB sneeks. Was he the most physically gifted QB? Of course not. I'm sure with the collective football IQ that now resides on our offensive staff that they will figure it out. Just have to wait and see.

This is why I'd have liked to see us sign Jamaal Williams if Bryce was going to be the pick, those 1 yarders are his specialty and would have been a useful tool in our arsenal.

Wouldn't hate adding Zeke if it could be done cheap, but I think if he was going to take a small contract, he'd go to more of a contender before us.

Wouldn't be against adding Fournette for those either, or possibly Latavious.

Maybe Tremble can figure out how to take handoffs during training camp?  He could work well in those situations if he can get the exchange down in camp.

Edited by tukafan21