• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Underdogs

NAS

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I kinda get it. The division was atrocious last year and the Falcons drafted a RB who could be among the league's best right out of the gates and they spent a ton of resources on D. So yeah, I could see the media seeing their path to winning what they expect to be a bad overall division.

We're gonna be afterthoughts until we prove that we shouldn't be.

We had CMC for years. We were never competitive without a QB.

Atlanta weakness is still QB. I wouldn't expect a rookie rb to make them the favorites in the division.

• Pie 4
  • The D 1

29 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We had CMC for years. We were never competitive without a QB.

Atlanta weakness is still QB. I wouldn't expect a rookie rb to make them the favorites in the division.

The entire division has a QB weakness. We're just hoping that we've solved ours.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

They have a stud wr, rb and te. Some people thought highly of Desmond Ridder. He did get better during his four starts, but I doubt he ends up as a quality NFL starter. More likely the shine wears off over the course of the season and they are back to trying to find a qb. 

Who is their stud WR?

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's not great but he's definitely the best QB in the division until proven otherwise. I think he's a borderline top 10 NFL QB.

So from the entire division has a QB weakness to "he is a borderline top 10 QB."

I just take it as you are unsure on Carr as of now.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Mostly I stick to the NFL Network for national NFL news. I have not heard any one of their analysts call for Atlanta to win the division. Not one. It's either been the Panthers or New Orleans. The Bucs have consistently been at the bottom. 

I think one of the problems analysts have when looking at the NFCS is that the Panthers have no history for them to consider. No they finished the year strong chatter. No they have a D they can build on. The only consistent from last year is our o-line and that may be in flux because of injuries. Oh, and our kicker and punter and long snapper. New head coach, 99% new staff, new QBs, new offensive weapons, new defensive alignment. We can't yet be analyzed as a whole package with history. So the analysists that are good at their jobs are looking at Frank Reich and what has been said plus each player individually. Those that are not good at their jobs are dismissing us.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Who is their stud WR?

That’s what I’m saying. People keep hyping up their weapons but I can only guess it’s based on college performance and expectations cuz London and Pitts both are just meh. They’re ok but nothing to get worked up about.  Some teams some years just get hype and the benefit of the doubt. The Bucs were the next great team for like ten years before they got Brady. Brady made it sorta true for one year and then they fell back to earth and mediocrity. 

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s what I’m saying. People keep hyping up their weapons but I can only guess it’s based on college performance and expectations cuz London and Pitts both are just meh. They’re ok but nothing to get worked up about.  Some teams some years just get hype and the benefit of the doubt. The Bucs were the next great team for like ten years before they got Brady. Brady made it sorta true for one year and then they fell back to earth and mediocrity. 

London and Pitts need a QB my man. 

Pitts had a great rookie season when he had Matt Ryan when he was playing like a mid tier QB. Last year they weren't even using him as a weapon. That guy should be used like Kelce.

Once they get a legit QB they will be scary. It's why I was happy when they pulled out of the Lamar sweepstakes.

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

London and Pitts need a QB my man. 

Pitts had a great rookie season when he had Matt Ryan when he was playing like a mid tier QB. Last year they weren't even using him as a weapon. That guy should be used like Kelce.

Once they get a legit QB they will be scary. It's why I was happy when they pulled out of the Lamar sweepstakes.

They have been oddly built for a while now. They are more than just a qb away, but that kind of fits with how they've gone about roster construction. 

There's been a bunch spent on oline with diminishing returns. They have a couple of pieces on defense, but have failed to build around them. They continue to draft skill players highly, as if they are 1 superstar away. It's all very curious, and I don't get the logic, but I'm ok with it since it's the Falcons.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I remember when we got a former t10 CB for peanuts. Don’t mean poo.

They paid even less for okudah and his issue was injuries more than poo play. Of course, that’s just one addition they’ve made as referenced above. I don’t know if it will work but there is reasonable cause to believe that their defense will be better with changes just as it is that our offense could be better.

Edited by X-Clown

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Favorite one is the ESPN over/under. 

Says Panthers will compete for worst record in the league and that Bryce is a downgrade at QB. 

Link

Screenshot_20230512_202002_Chrome.jpg

Wtf are they even talking about? Downgrade from who? Baker, PJ, Sam, or Dalton? Legit question. Nobody click that dogshit clickbait link.

• Pie 7