• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ rated best WR

trucpfan

14 hours ago, MHS831 said:

And whoever sticks at #6 will be better than what we have had in the past.

With 5 spots basically already locked unless we go with 7 (which we just might if the coaching staff is mindful off the past), that final spot is basically between: 

Damiere Byrd, Shi Smith. 

I think CJ Saunders, Josh Vann and Marquez Stevenson are damn near already on PS. 

As far as Marshall, just give the man his snaps and he'll work. Tbh, I'm expecting Derek Brown-ish last season type ascension. 

Edited by ColumbusCounty

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In no way are we a bottom 5 WR team, as others have said, we might not have that #1, our depth at the position is outstanding.  Realistically we might have four #2's this year with Chark, Thielen, TMJ, and Mingo and an intriguing do it all weapon in Laviska.  I'd rather have 4 #2's than a #1 and three 3's or worse like the Rams currently have with Kupp and basically nobody else after him.

Yes, we are absolutely open up to issues if we have any long term injuries, every team at every position can say that, but this is the argument for not signing Chark with his injury concerns and waiting/hoping that someone like Hopkins would become available to us later.

And again, we are not a Hopkins away from being a legitimate SB contender, and the team doesn't think they are either.  If they truly felt we were a real #1 away from actually contending this year, we'd be going hard after Hopkins and we likely would have traded them a pick to get him before he hit the market.

I hope you're right I would love to be proven wrong. I just feel we have to prove it. These young WR"s have not accomplished anything yet. And the 2 vets Adam/Chark are #2 WR's at best.

7 hours ago, shaq said:

Elijah Moore was traded to the Browns for a second round pick. I highly doubt he’s in any sort of risk of not making the team. Use an accurate example next time buddy.

There is a rule around here. You can say anything you want. And if you get called out. You just ignore it and move on.

If you watch. It's mostly the ones trying to be negative that use this strategy. Being snarky is so much easier when you aren't worried about all those pesky facts. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

This whole wr core is an unlocked treasure chest. Minus Theilen who I find to be essential in guiding them on field. It’ll be poorly rated, no one will care right now. But the untapped potential is severe.

Especially with a QB like Bryce throwing them the ball, who has shown the ability to throw his receivers into good positions to catch passes. BY can elevate those around him hopefully 

• Pie 3

16 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, the importance of having a star/#1 is overrated.  Most of the SB winners from the last ten years or so didn't have a star/#1.  Would rather have a group of 3-4 good receivers.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having a star wide receiver can be more of a problem than a gift. 

Our two prior Super Bowl runs we didn't go into those seasons with star receivers.

In 2003 we had a sturdy Mushin Mohamed who wasn't lighting the league on fire, some slow white dude cast off from the Greatest Show on Turf and some little punk that was a punt returner and a fight risk. They changed the league's opinion pretty fast.

In 2015, we lost our "star" receiver Kelvin Benjamin in training camp and our lone "big name" receiver was Ted "Feet of Lightning/Hands of Stone" Ginn, Jr. and a cast of whos?  

Of course, we could be looking at Moose, Ricky and Smitty v. 2.0 in TMJ, Thielen and Mingo. That sure would be nice!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

9 hours ago, KSpan said:

TMJ has 3 targets or fewer in the vast majority of his games - he is a #3 with upside at best at the moment. Mingo is definitely not a #2 - he a rookie and could contribute something or could do nothing this year.

Hopefully Young can help elevate everyone but Chark really needs to stay healthy this year.

Total number of targets from last year is largely irrelevant.  Of all receivers, he was second on the team in targets last year.  CMC was third even though he only played six games.  Our passing attack was nearly nonexistent last year in large part due to coaching staff and poor qb play.

TMJ caught more than half the balls thrown his way, and he averaged nearly 18 yards a reception.  That means more to me than targets.  

Not saying he will be a star for us, but I don't think its unreasonable to say that he has some potential that would have never been explored by the Rhule regime.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, poundaway said:

Maybe.  It didn't in 2015.

Exactly.  Heck the Chiefs won the SB with JuJu as their top WR.  I like our group, and am excited to see TMJ and Mingo develop.  As I said months ago, I believe TMJ will truly break out this year.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Especially with a QB like Bryce throwing them the ball, who has shown the ability to throw his receivers into good positions to catch passes. BY can elevate those around him hopefully 

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Total number of targets from last year is largely irrelevant.  Of all receivers, he was second on the team in targets last year.  CMC was third even though he only played six games.  Our passing attack was nearly nonexistent last year in large part due to coaching staff and poor qb play.

TMJ caught more than half the balls thrown his way, and he averaged nearly 18 yards a reception.  That means more to me than targets.  

Not saying he will be a star for us, but I don't think its unreasonable to say that he has some potential that would have never been explored by the Rhule regime.  

48 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Theilen is an excellent route runner and his input to these young players should not go unnoticed.  Even if Theilen has pedestrian numbers his value to the locker room will be worth every penny we pay him.  

37 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Exactly.  Heck the Chiefs won the SB with JuJu as their top WR.  I like our group, and am excited to see TMJ and Mingo develop.  As I said months ago, I believe TMJ will truly break out this year.

Fingers crossed!!!

IMO, if everyone plays up to their potential, or even better. This team can be scary. 

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Point being that he was not attracting more.attemtion, either by the QB, by game plan design, or otherwise. The offense didn't pay attention to him and as such defenses didn't either, which he turned into some downfield catches.

Could he turn into more this season? Sure, but Juju (named by someone else in this thread) is an example of a complementary #2 receiver and TMJ is not there on the field yet.