• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hekker gives props to new staff

ladypanther

22 minutes ago, NAS said:

Rhule hire (with the 7 year contract) and the Rock Hill disaster have made Tepper a laughing stock of the NFL.  

Hiring this coaching staff and letting them do their thing will either make or break him.  This may be his last chance to repair his reputation among the rest of the league.  

The other thing, if he was smart, would be to put the grass field back at BoA and show that he cares about his players and not just the bottom line.

Grass is never coming back under Tepper because it's trendy. Several county high schools moving to terf as well around me. It's like the spread. Once it started catching on, suddenly everybody wanted it because "it looks better" and it's easier to maintain. 

The issues it causes are just accepted at this point.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I got absolutely thrashed on this forum for saying Rhule was trash and should’ve  been fired year before last.

There are absolutely idiots left here. You know who you are. Actually, you probably don’t.

There are some posters here who think literally everything and anything this franchise does is the right move (despite being one of the worst record wise) and anyone who says otherwise they just give poo to.

I mean some of that comes with being a fan. I was born in this region and I support the home team. I was optimistic when Rhule was hired especially since we hadn’t tried a college coach before but it just didn’t work out. Pretty much all of that is Rhules fault for certain. 

I definitely didn’t want the Hornets to draft Brandon Miller but hopefully he ends up being a great player. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

When there was a lot of talk about Rhule coming to the NFL...I watched a few minutes of a Baylor game.  Saw him wearing that awful smock.  My thought was I do not like him. Just did not get a good feeling.  When he became the HC here I was hopeful because as @Donald LaFellsaid...I am a fan. Obviously my 1st instinct was correct. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I genuinely think only one of those guys on that list is worse and that is Urban Meyer.

The only guy on that list other than Meyer that I think was probably worse is Schiano.  Like Rhule, he was a legend in his own mind.  Problem was he didn't even know NFL rules.  He pulled some stunts with plays that drew penalty flags, and then wanted to argue with the officials when it was pretty black and white.

The Process may not have known NFL rules, either.  But unless I am forgetting something (possible, I am trying to forget the whole episode), he never did anything that broadcast that he didn't know the rules.  Who knows, he may have tried but his dad (Snow) , Brady, or McAdoo put the kibosh on it.

Otherwise, when you add in the stuff he tried to dictate in the organization, he sinks even more rapidly.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The only guy on that list other than Meyer that I think was probably worse is Schiano.  Like Rhule, he was a legend in his own mind.  Problem was he didn't even know NFL rules.  He pulled some stunts with plays that drew penalty flags, and then wanted to argue with the officials when it was pretty black and white.

The Process may not have known NFL rules, either.  But unless I am forgetting something (possible, I am trying to forget the whole episode), he never did anything that broadcast that he didn't know the rules.  Who knows, he may have tried but his dad (Snow) , Brady, or McAdoo put the kibosh on it.

Otherwise, when you add in the stuff he tried to dictate in the organization, he sinks even more rapidly.

To his credit, Schiano has come out recently and admitted he was in way over his head and had no idea what he was doing. He said he was totally unprepared for the NFL but the money was too good to refuse. Pretty much the same for Rhule's sorry ass.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Good. I hope more and more of this crap becomes public so that people who still think he wasn't the absolutely worst coaching hire in franchise history can see.

Also so that they can see how he was one of the worst in NFL history.

urban really did him a solid otherwise he might be THE worst.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

urban really did him a solid otherwise he might be THE worst.

Meyer was a race horse that ran out of the gate in the wrong direction.  It is hard to imagine doing worse from day one than he did.

He is one of two head coaches that I honestly thought should have been fired before they coached their first regular season game.  The other was McDaniels in Denver.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Schiano is in the discussion but I ultimately think Rhule was a bigger disaster.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Schiano is in the discussion but I ultimately think Rhule was a bigger disaster.

Tough one.  This is like comparing an EF5 wedge tornado to a magnitude 8.5 earthquake.

I just saw this on Schiano, though: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/digital-marketing/hospital-unit-named-for-injured-football-player-after-coachs-250k-donation.html

That does not make him an EF4 or magnitude 7, but it at least demonstrates some humanity.  Something I may not be able to say about Meyer.

• Beer 1

On 6/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, ladypanther said:

When there was a lot of talk about Rhule coming to the NFL...I watched a few minutes of a Baylor game.  Saw him wearing that awful smock.  My thought was I do not like him. Just did not get a good feeling.  When he became the HC here I was hopeful because as @Donald LaFellsaid...I am a fan. Obviously my 1st instinct was correct. 

My only comment pertaining to the inept Matt Rhule is : "good bye, good luck and good riddance".

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2