• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce so far ahead that they feel they can expand their offensive playbook

ncfan

On 6/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, Jon Snow said:

The view I'm getting from these comments about Young is that his ability to understand and apply nfl level concepts is that of a more seasoned veteran.  It's kinda caught the staff off guard a bit and that's a good thing. It may not sound like much but it is a blessing in disguise.  

Frank Reich loves triangle reads - an efficient and smart QB can pick apart any defense when running this offense. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Heard he was invited to Belarus to broker an end to the Ukraine - Russia War as well. Do not fret, he took his playbook with him.

That's nothing. I heard he's single-handedly acting as Ukraine's air defense. It's rumored he's already downed 4 Russian helicopters just by throwing a football at them. Yes we all know he's smarter than ChatGPT, but let's not forget about his throwing ability, leadership, and courage. 

• Pie 2

On 6/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, Khyber53 said:

There's a lot of inexperienced or new guys that make up the rest of the offense... might not be the smartest thing for us to outpace them all with the new QB. 

Just sayin'.

We signed several savvy vets in the offseason. It’s not like we’re speeding things up with chosen Anderson out there catching passes.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

We signed several savvy vets in the offseason. It’s not like we’re speeding things up with chosen Anderson out there catching passes.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

My interpretation of the original post was that we just need to be careful because there are other rookies out there.  I agree with that sentiment.  However, when teams with established "vet" QBs get new receivers and offensive weapons I don't think they shut down the entire playbook so everyone can catch up. 

That said, there should be a balance to make sure everyone else can come along but the fact that your bottleneck isn't because of the rookie QB (which IMO would be the most difficult/detailed) is a positive. 

• Pie 1