• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign former pro bowl LB Deion Jones

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Chinn coming off the bench? If that’s the case (and I don’t believe it is) better off trading him before his value gets any lower. 

That would just be the base defense.  You would still see a LOT of Chinn on the field. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I like this signing, very much similiar to the bruce irving signing we had a few years back. In this case we have an extremely athletic player who still has young legs.

Bruce Irvin is a great comparison. And if Jones plays as well as Irving did in his one year here, it will be a win-win

• Pie 1

I think behind RB, LB is the position that has gone from glitz to gutter quicker than any other. the reason is the number of high speed collisions and how quickly it takes miles off. there's no such thing as a franchise middle linebacker anymore. new names are at the top of the league in tackles on a yearly basis. guys you've never heard of in a lot of cases. there was a time not so long ago the league leading tacklers were considered the best defensive players in the game. it's just so weird how quickly that changed. people see a guy like this coming off double digit missed games at 28 and wonder if he can still play. it's wild. that would have been relatively young for a linebacker in the early 2000's. 

• Pie 1

This dude was a stud early in his career. This damn game takes a toll on you. A big part of it is staying healthy and a lot of that just comes down to sheer luck. Luck of genetics with some people just being naturally more durable than others and luck of the draw on the field. All you can really do to impact your odds is staying in shape and playing with proper technique. The rest just comes down to sheer luck.

• Pie 1

I have to wonder if guys like Deion Jones and Deone Bucannon played a role in us not wanting Chinn at LB long-term? Both of those guys were studs early on and both are similarly sized to Chinn and similar as players. Basically big safeties/small LBs both in stature and in playing style. The physical rigors of playing LB at that size definitely took their toll on Jones and Bucannon.