• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adding to the doom and gloom

TheCasillas

NGL though, figured it wasn't worth a thread of its own so I'll just post it here, but I will be keeping a close eye on Richardson.  He is who I decided I wanted in the last weeks leading up to the draft, with the reasoning being, if his processing was close to Bryce's, which reportedly it was, he could figure out the accuracy and consistency stuff over time, but his athleticism and playmaker ability would carry him during that time...  and in a big way.  Even as he was figuring out the passing aspect, he could break games wide open with his running ability.  I expect he will.  I know he threw a pick but he bounced back and looked really good afterwards.  I see a lot of Cam in him.  So it was what worried me about Bryce over him...  While Bryce is great at his strengths, and I see the Brees' comparisons are very apt (except Bryce is much more mobile), AR can win games even if he can't pass to perfection.  AR doesn't and won't have to rely on others to be productive and change games in the Colts' favor.  Bryce's game is almost entirely dependent on others to be productive, and as we saw yesterday, the OL sucked and we couldn't get any offense going.  

Again, I trust Reich and McCown's decision.  I have no choice but to.  But man, that concern has been there for me since the draft.  I'm going to continue to believe and hope for the best...  also, this post is not about yesterday, just a lingering concern that has always been there.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL though, figured it wasn't worth a thread of its own so I'll just post it here, but I will be keeping a close eye on Richardson.  He is who I decided I wanted in the last weeks leading up to the draft, with the reasoning being, if his processing was close to Bryce's, which reportedly it was, he could figure out the accuracy and consistency stuff over time, but his athleticism and playmaker ability would carry him during that time...  and in a big way.  Even as he was figuring out the passing aspect, he could break games wide open with his running ability.  I expect he will.  I know he threw a pick but he bounced back and looked really good afterwards.  I see a lot of Cam in him.  So it was what worried me about Bryce over him...  While Bryce is great at his strengths, and I see the Brees' comparisons are very apt (except Bryce is much more mobile), AR can win games even if he can't pass to perfection.  AR doesn't and won't have to rely on others to be productive and change games in the Colts' favor.  Bryce's game is almost entirely dependent on others to be productive, and as we saw yesterday, the OL sucked and we couldn't get any offense going.  

Again, I trust Reich and McCown's decision.  I have no choice but to.  But man, that concern has been there for me since the draft.  I'm going to continue to believe and hope for the best...  also, this post is not about yesterday, just a lingering concern that has always been there.

As much as I like Bryce I agree. My ultimate fear is that we outsmarted ourselves by taking him. 

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Richardson did recover fairly well from an early pick and threw an absolute dime to the endzone for Pierce but he couldn't hold onto the ball. Dude looked lost on one play and threw a terrible interception and everyone wants to overreact to it. For a guy who was in theory, the least NFL ready QB of the top 5 QBs, he didn't look any more lost than any of them. Same with Stroud, he threw 4 passes and it was overreaction time. 

Even Young, theres tons of articles about his disappointing first start but its just one game. Each of these guys are going to flash and each of them are going to look list in games in year one. Its the nature of the beast. I felt Stroud and Richardson are in the worst situation out of the Young, Stroud, Richardson and Levis group. Young is in the best spot, then Levis where he has good coaches and a monster RB he can rely on, then Richardson IF JT comes back to work, and then Stroud. The Texans simple have a terrible roster. 

I had Richardson as the #2 I wanted after Stroud. I just feel like the staff we have and the entire offense around the QB where we are.... Richardson with his upside would have thrived here. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Richardson was the one guy I still don't understand the hype on. He is so clearly a massive project and hasn't done much to show otherwise. His bust potential is insane.

6 hours ago, TwoEleven said:

That picture of Bryce doesn't look like a NFL QB more like a Disney TV show QB .. we traded a ransom for him

Yea. And he was clearly the problem on Saturday. Fug all that S2 processing crap.   The combine needs to measure completion percentage whilst being pummeled by a 280 lb defensive tackle. 

(#sarcasm)

11 hours ago, Varking said:

Richardson did recover fairly well from an early pick and threw an absolute dime to the endzone for Pierce but he couldn't hold onto the ball. Dude looked lost on one play and threw a terrible interception and everyone wants to overreact to it. For a guy who was in theory, the least NFL ready QB of the top 5 QBs, he didn't look any more lost than any of them. Same with Stroud, he threw 4 passes and it was overreaction time. 

Even Young, theres tons of articles about his disappointing first start but its just one game. Each of these guys are going to flash and each of them are going to look list in games in year one. Its the nature of the beast. I felt Stroud and Richardson are in the worst situation out of the Young, Stroud, Richardson and Levis group. Young is in the best spot, then Levis where he has good coaches and a monster RB he can rely on, then Richardson IF JT comes back to work, and then Stroud. The Texans simple have a terrible roster. 

I had Richardson as the #2 I wanted after Stroud. I just feel like the staff we have and the entire offense around the QB where we are.... Richardson with his upside would have thrived here. 

LOL I am failing to see how Bryce had a "disappointing" first start.  Dude played 3 series and threw 5 passes.  He was 3-5.  He threw 5 passes.  Yeah, he didn't go out there and march us down the field for a TD in his very first NFL series, but he also did not look lost or like it was too big/fast for him.