• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Saints will win the division, we’re sending Chicago a top 10 pick

TheBigKat

On 8/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, TheBigKat said:

Two preseason games and first team has mustered 3 points.

Young might be good but he’s not Cam, he’ll never ‘will’ the team to victory, he’s going to be a great system QB

Defense got smoked by a Barkley’less Giants offense

but yea it’s preseason

I understand the frustration but, all due respect, why do you think the Saints will win the division?  Almost every Saints vs Panthers game has resulted in a Panthers victory.  Even with a week QB.  The Panthers have the Saints number, like the Saints have the Falcons number.

The preseason isn’t even over, and I am hearing wait till next year. you have a brand new, young inexperienced quarterback.  Young is still loaded with potential. He just needs playing time and experience.

My understanding is most NFL teams don’t start off a young rookie quarterback on the first season. They usually develop the young quarterback behind an older more experienced quarterback. 

if the Panthers beat the Saints this season, the only team standing in their way is two struggling NFC south teams.

Keep the faith…..

On 8/19/2023 at 12:25 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if we're going to have a massive turnaround in week one, but to be honest I don't care.

Said elsewhere you can't really judge how good your team genuinely is until around midseason, and with this being a new start it'll likely take even longer than that.

For folks that question that idea, remember how a couple of years ago we started 4-0 and thought maybe Matt Rhule's year three magic had come a season early? 😕

1) Turn around from... what exactly? 

2) Agreed, that wasnt my point at all though. This sub is built on knee jerk reactions.

3)What matt rhule did in his time here has absolutely 0 to do with the team today. I was one of rhules biggest haters. People were sucking him& darnold off, cool. Not me

While I have us winning the division. I think the Falcons are the team that wins this division if not us.

Bijan Robinson is the real deal. Steal of the draft this kid is going to be the best rb in the NFL sooner than later. Hate he's in this division he's going to give us a lot of trouble. CMC kind of back can do it all rushing/receiving. 

• Pie 1

The Steelers dominated the Bills starters on offense and defense. It's preseason and we have a brand new everything pretty much. Aside from a few individual mistakes by the oline on 3rd down we've looked about as we should for a preseason. Just have to learn to R-E-L-A-X

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

The Steelers dominated the Bills starters on offense and defense. It's preseason and we have a brand new everything pretty much. Aside from a few individual mistakes by the oline on 3rd down we've looked about as we should for a preseason. Just have to learn to R-E-L-A-X

The Steelers doing Steelers things...

I'll say that I hoped to see more push by the O-line, but I'm not freaking out during preseason. I just can't do it after watching football in earnest for 47 years. The preseason is the preseason.

• Pie 2

On 8/18/2023 at 8:26 PM, Saca312 said:

And if the Panthers had gone into preseason with the goal of 4-0 and scheming every game, I'd be pissed.

2008 Lions, 2017 Browns were preseason 4-0 winners turned 0-16 regular season losers.

2009 Colts were 1-3 preseason losers turned 14-2 regular season juggernauts.

Y'all are quite funny if you think a respectable team actually aims to win each preseason game and not evaluate. It's more encouraging to see weaknesses since that means a good coaching staff will have that on tape and actually scheme around that.

Now come regular season if the coaches don't use this great opportunity to adjust for the Panthers weaknesses, then can them.

But for now, it's preseason and last thing that matters is how we scheme in scrimmage.

It has now been confirmed that the Facebook fans have infiltrated the huddle. Last week Frank talked at length about how they weren't worried and how vanilla the playcalling was to reporters. The third comment from a fan was "Not buying it". It is like the guy who ESPN magazine interviewed in the fan issue has cloned himself or opened several accounts. He said that J. Kasay was the most selfish player in team history and couldn't wait for the team to go three and out so he could grab his helmet to trot out there smugly. This negativity is ridiculous and indicative of a huge lack of football knowledge. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, NorthTryon said:

It has now been confirmed that the Facebook fans have infiltrated the huddle. Last week Frank talked at length about how they weren't worried and how vanilla the playcalling was to reporters. The third comment from a fan was "Not buying it". It is like the guy who ESPN magazine interviewed in the fan issue has cloned himself or opened several accounts. He said that J. Kasay was the most selfish player in team history and couldn't wait for the team to go three and out so he could grab his helmet to trot out there smugly. This negativity is ridiculous and indicative of a huge lack of football knowledge. 

7 winning seasons in 28 years. Talking down to fans who've lived it and know what mediocre football looks like isn't going to move the needle either.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

7 winning seasons in 28 years. Talking down to fans who've lived it and know what mediocre football looks like isn't going to move the needle either.

I don't know if they do know what any kind of football looks like seeing as they are having these kind of reactions over preseason. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

While I have us winning the division. I think the Falcons are the team that wins this division if not us.

Bijan Robinson is the real deal. Steal of the draft this kid is going to be the best rb in the NFL sooner than later. Hate he's in this division he's going to give us a lot of trouble. CMC kind of back can do it all rushing/receiving. 

Panthers had the best RB in the league.  How far did that get us?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They were what, 2nd in the league in rushing. And what did that get them? Last place in the Division. So, what do they do? Draft a RB. lol

In a passing league, they drafted a RB. Man, if the Panthers did that there would be rioting in the streets.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1