• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

Mr. Scot

22 hours ago, CRA said:

I'm sticking with my Simms stance I took back during the Fields draft.  Simms and media folks just looking for clicks.  That draft was always Trevor and then Fields....it was the consensus for 2 straight years. Then suddenly after all the football had been played, Fields got trashed and the folks suddenly lifted Lance and Wilson ahead of him.  And yet, here we are.  With it being Trevor and then Field in that class. 

Simms has bad takes.  Probably intentional too.  His job is clicks/views now.  And calling it straight doesn't really do that.  In any realm of media. 

That draft still boggles my mind. My whole tank 2020 was based on the premise that our talent level (before we spent FA $$$$$s for 5 wins) and Will Grier gets us a top 2 which is Lawrence at best or Fields at worst. It’s still amazing that Wilson and Lance jumped up that far based pretty much solely on some workout throws. It sure wasn’t their college careers. You couldn’t ask for more of a canyon between what Lawrence and Fields did, especially against defenses filled with NFL talent, and what Wilson and Lance did.

This year’s draft will be an interesting case study as well in a couple years. Hopefully, we did well.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He has looked good, but the offense hasn’t so much. 

That is basically what i am saying. Bryce's production is going to be limited by that oline and right now they look like crap. If I could do the draft over, I would take Bryce with the no. 1 pick again. I think he would be doing great if he had the oline we all thought we had.

The JT O'Sullivan video was great.  He's able to much better than a blow hard like Sims to articulate what's happening on a given play.  Sims' value is of entertainment.  I admit to listen to Florio and Sims sometimes when I just want some football talk - I know they're full of poo.  It's just another perspective.  I stopped caring about his ratings a few drafts ago.  He's a former player, son of a player who is entrenched with NFL connections.  He can have some interesting opinions, but at the end of the day, they are opinions. And opinions are like feet, we have a few and think each other's stink.

Bryce will only go as far as the offensive line goes.  The first month will have a fair number of "almost" plays that will start to click as everyone gets more familiar.  I'm super stoked about Young and the Panthers future.  But more and more I'm tamping down my expectations for early season.  While preseason isn't overly meaningful - it does show we have a new team that needs time to gel.  It won't happen over night.