• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade: Panthers Acquire Ihmir Smith-Marsette from Chiefs

Bluetooth

9 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Not saying this is a bad movie I’m really curious on your guys’ opinion: would the teams had been better off signing Hopkins?

Not a comment specific to Hopkins but, this new regime seems bound and determined to 1) reshape the roster to their specific schemes, 2) avoid overpaying for players on second and third contracts unless they are good character or locker room fits that will function as extensions of the coaching staff to mentor younger players, and still productive (bye Cam, hello Thielen), 3) make the roster younger and actually develop those younger players, with all the cap management benefits that come with it.

All front offices talk about the above but, damn, this group actually seems committed to doing it… and appear to enjoy doing it.

Hopkins may have failed to meet one or more of the above criteria, or he simply didn’t want to play with a rookie QB.  YMMV.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

On 8/29/2023 at 7:16 AM, 1of10Charnatives said:

Because the people who make Madden are clearly NFL experts who pay very close attention to every player in the league. Obviously they're gonna know what position a starter plays, so if you were thinking Chinn is a safety, clearly you're wrong.

Do not question the Madden.

IMG_6315.thumb.jpeg.8082c7362807b91381f871fe8ad8b3d7.jpeg

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Not saying this is a bad movie I’m really curious on your guys’ opinion: would the teams had been better off signing Hopkins?

panthers have his former WR coach. he was popped for PEDS too. plus he never was a burner and age may have taken a step.

still he was elite and knows how to get open. 

• Pie 1

On 8/29/2023 at 4:38 PM, Smithers said:

Actually 3.  People tend to forget Marshall ran a 4.38 40. 

We needed to add speed at our WR position in a major way.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, 45catfan said:

Upgrade at returner.

Big-time upgrade 

On 8/29/2023 at 7:39 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Needed some attitude in that soft WR room. Hopefully he's a spark

Totally agree we needed some real fire in the WR room.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:25 AM, MHS831 said:

He admits that he spent 2 years finding himself, but he feels that he has now arrived--I agree

I can definitely believe you have to find yourself before you can go out and preform at a high level.

Is it possible he can take TMJ spot they're basically in similar positions in their careers I'm not advocating for it but his playmaking abilities with Bryce's accuracy could be a potential big play repeatedly. I like TMJ alot but I also understand playmaking trumps everything and returners tend to have that stop and go that make you miss type of playmaking. Which I think could put him in a position to get a few more opportunities then TMJ. Anyone else see this happening or am I just overly excited about having a new weapon on offense.

• Beer 1

On 8/29/2023 at 7:36 AM, carpanfan96 said:

That's definitely it for Shi Smith, I thought he was getting cut before this trade. I now expect him to get cut. 

I hate it for Shi Smith. I remember his first year with the Panthers Steve Smith was real high on him in training camp.  Sometimes it doesn’t work out.