• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look at the roster after final cuts to the 53 man squad...

KillerKat

1 hour ago, jayflip said:

We're currently lacking speed on special teams coverage imo as well. 

I don't know. Depth at edge is full of speed. Pretty good speed in the secondary too.  Not sure whom are gunners are going to be at this moment. 

Is can always be better, but we're not in bad shape, IMO. 

• Pie 1

I don't think it is wise to release Corral.  You are talking a 3rd round pick that has only one year of legitimate work.   Releasing him and hope he clears waivers is a huge gamble someone else doesn't pick him up.

Young has yet to take a regular season snap and the concern of injury should not be taken lightly.  While Young has shown the ability to maneuver the pocket it's still unknown if he will make it through an entire season without getting hurt.

Dalton is at the end of his career.  

I think the biggest reason we keep Corral is he's young and has shown growth this preseason.  

With the addition of Ihmir Smith-Marsette I believe Wright is expendable.  I also see us letting Sullivan and Thomas go and Ricci being the 3rd TE/FB.  Plus Wright will possibly be easier to stash on the PS over Corral. 

All will depend on our front office signing players from other teams.  We're 9th in the pecking order of waiver claims so it's a good chance we will get at least one or two of those coveted players. 

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't know. Depth at edge is full of speed. Pretty good speed in the secondary too.  Not sure whom are gunners are going to be at this moment. 

Is can always be better, but we're not in bad shape, IMO. 

Definitely Franklin is one. He's one of the best in the league. Sounds like Barno is the other as he was noted for being effective in camp

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't think it is wise to release Corral.  You are talking a 3rd round pick that has only one year of legitimate work.   Releasing him and hope he clears waivers is a huge gamble someone else doesn't pick him up.

Young has yet to take a regular season snap and the concern of injury should not be taken lightly.  While Young has shown the ability to maneuver the pocket it's still unknown if he will make it through an entire season without getting hurt.

Dalton is at the end of his career.  

I think the biggest reason we keep Corral is he's young and has shown growth this preseason.  

With the addition of Ihmir Smith-Marsette I believe Wright is expendable.  I also see us letting Sullivan and Thomas go and Ricci being the 3rd TE/FB.  Plus Wright will possibly be easier to stash on the PS over Corral. 

All will depend on our front office signing players from other teams.  We're 9th in the pecking order of waiver claims so it's a good chance we will get at least one or two of those coveted players. 

I think people dramatically over value Corral's league worth. I really doubt it would be a problem waiving him and signing him to the PS.

Not saying we should, just saying if they went in that direction I doubt there would be an issue. 

You have to consider that with 17 games and expanded playoffs, every position is extremely critical. Matt Corral is really in no position to be able to help anyone in the league at QB. He's a developmental guy and that is a luxury that few teams are going to have roster spots available for.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think people dramatically over value Corral's league worth. I really doubt it would be a problem waiving him and signing him to the PS.

Not saying we should, just saying if they went in that direction I doubt there would be an issue. 

You have to consider that with 17 games and expanded playoffs, every position is extremely critical. Matt Corral is really in no position to be able to help anyone in the league at QB. He's a developmental guy and that is a luxury that few teams are going to have roster spots available for.

The Cardinals might sign him straight up because he’d lose them games in their tank effort

• Beer 1