• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USATODAY record predictions

ladypanther

That is outrageously bad…

Chiefs have only had 1 season 10-7 or worse (9-7) and it was with Alex Smith early in their rebuild under Reid, never have had under 12 wins with Mahomes as starter, that’s not changing this year.

AFCN is not going to have 4 10+ win teams… There are 12 guaranteed losses (assuming no ties) in the division, so they have across the 4 teams only 12 losses to non-Division teams all year (average 3 per team or an average record of 8-3 outside the division… yeah right)

no reason Cowboys and Vikings will drop off that much, Falcons aren’t making the playoffs, Cards and Raiders will not be that bad. Woof

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, t96 said:

That is outrageously bad…

Chiefs have only had 1 season 10-7 or worse (9-7) and it was with Alex Smith early in their rebuild under Reid, never have had under 12 wins with Mahomes as starter, that’s not changing this year.

AFCN is not going to have 4 10+ win teams… There are 12 guaranteed losses (assuming no ties) in the division, so they have across the 4 teams only 12 losses to non-Division teams all year (average 3 per team or an average record of 8-3 outside the division… yeah right)

no reason Cowboys and Vikings will drop off that much, Falcons aren’t making the playoffs, Cards and Raiders will not be that bad. Woof

I would love to see the Vikings drop to 7-10 (I live there). Doubt it happens though. 

Well, predictions like this aren't created to be accurate.  They are created to generate hits and discussion.  This one will likely succeed.  Unless Mahomes gets injured, the odds of the Chiefs finishing 10-7 are pretty slim.

As for our division, I think it's wide open. I could see any one of the four winning it and it probably depends to a great extent on qb performance for each team.  

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Why are some of these national pundits so high on the Falcons. What am I missing? Their defense is old and shitty, their QB is unproven and likely not good. 

Because nobody is putting faith in a aging Saints roster with Derek Carr running the show.

Falcons are loaded on both sides of the ball the only question is QB. They have young skill position players in London/Pitts/Robinson. If Ridder gets the ball out quick that offense should be the best in the division.