• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Checked out?

Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not surprised. We looked truly uninspiring in the preseason.

Honestly, I'm not excited but I'm not checked out either. I just have absolutely no idea what to expect so let's find out. That's pretty much my mindset at this point.

We were told before preseason that we would be vanilla on both Offense and Defense. And that they were putting players in no win situations. It makes no sense to use Preseason as a precursor to the Regular Season. 

We gave kids ample opportunities to show what they had. Without showing anything in our hand, Sounds like a good strategy to me.

• Beer 1

Checked out? As a Panther fan, that happened a few years ago. As a charter PSL-owner from 1995 until 2014, I'm now just a guy who wants to watch a good game, no matter who it is. I honestly cannot name half the roster.

Matter of fact, we'll be in WV whitewater rafting Sunday when the Panthers start their season. I spent a lot of Sundays driving, tailgating and attending games that, for the most part, just left me frustrated with the entire organization. And after all those years attending games, there are but a handful of iconic games that are fond both memories and sad reminders and most of those are going back many years. The most recent being the last Super Bowl appearance.

There has not been a franchise-defining moment for this team on the field in many, many years.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Reminder: This is the guy who handles our financial decisions... 

image.png.8a2c48638ca70964953a0b04fd9ef2dc.png

someone find that video of him negotiating Dan Arnold's contract. His agent was asking for 5M or something and Samir laughed at him and offered 4M and said we wouldn't budge. Arnold signed for like 6M later that month. 

• Beer 1

I get what he’s saying.  It’s a little deflating that this has dominated the news cycles leading up to our first game in a new era of Panthers football. That said, hopefully Burns plays with a chip on his shoulder.  Even better news would be a deal before the end of the day today. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

someone find that video of him negotiating Dan Arnold's contract. His agent was asking for 5M or something and Samir laughed at him and offered 4M and said we wouldn't budge. Arnold signed for like 6M later that month. 

Only to be traded weeks later and to not do anything in the league since then.  Samir knew his worth, but eventually caved.  I imagine he will give more than he takes with Burns also.  

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

wasn't nothing for him to roll out the bankroll to robbie chosen and ian thomas though

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/watch-panthers-release-video-of-negotiations-with-dan-arnolds-agent

I guess this is good news for Burns then