• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Scott Fitterer

FuFuLamePoo

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

picking horn over universally thought to be better and pro bowler pat sertain was a Major head scratcher. not to mention if u didnt want to go there Mich parson was in free fall and available. I dunno I love his aggressiveness he just hasn't been succesful with the shots hes taken. 

I am just not sure we could have seen the injury plagued run for Horn. He didn't have this rap in college.

I was a Surtain guy but Horn is just a head scratcher. How do you plan for a guy that is always injured and doesn't have those classic injury red flags?

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm not a fan of Fitts, he should definitely be on the hot seat after this season if it doesn't go well. But I'd give him at least the start of 2024. Rhule tainted his start and Bryce/Reich paired with him deserve more than 1 year.

We can blame Rhule until we're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is Scott Fitterer is an unabashed Ian Thomas Stan. We have a WR core he assembled that once again is struggling to get any separation. That speaks volumes.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 4

Ok, so let me see if I got this straight;

Fitty was supposed to know by seeing into the future that some guys would be injury prone. 

And then we have Matt Rhule who everyone can agree had final say on all picks and deals made or not made. I’m not saying Fitty shouldn’t take some blame but to put it all on him is freaking idiotic.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Dude, if Rhule got to at least dip his toes into year 3 after that train wreck, Reich should at least be afforded the same grace.

Unlike Tepper, who cuts bait too soon on some things and holds on too long with others, if Reich's proving he's not the answer (tbh my biggest concern is he got the QB he wanted and set up a scheme and roster that sets that QB up to fail), cut bait early.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I am just not sure we could have seen the injury plagued run for Horn. He didn't have this rap in college.

I was a Surtain guy but Horn is just a head scratcher. How do you plan for a guy that is always injured and doesn't have those classic injury red flags?

It wouldn't have mattered had we just not gotten cute and picked the highest ranked CB and the better college corner in Surtain.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

picking horn over universally thought to be better and pro bowler pat sertain was a Major head scratcher. not to mention if u didnt want to go there Mich parson was in free fall and available. I dunno I love his aggressiveness he just hasn't been succesful with the shots hes taken. 

He’s so good you can’t spell his name right! Lol. 

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

That's kind of where I'm at with fit right now. I don't hate the aggressive nature, it just feels like his instincts aren't all there.

I don't know where rhule's ineptitude ends and fits begins, but someone mentioned looking at his moves thus far and looking at them from a distance, there really haven't been a ton of wins and quite a few losses.

But it's only week 1 of his first year sans Rhule so I don't even know at the moment. I will say if we did move on from him I wouldn't be upset, and if we decide to keep him again next year, I also won't be upset. 

• Pie 2