• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young needs to ride the bench this season. Let him learn behind Dalton before it's too late.

jasonluckydog

Back in the day, it was normal almost expected that a rookie QB would sit back and learn from a seasoned pro before getting the start the following season. If Young doesn't show improvement on Monday Night against the Saints they should bench him before they ruin him. Let him learn behind Dalton. Not every 1st round QB is ready to take the reigns their first season.  Nothing wrong with that, it doesn't mean he is a bust. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 34

This is a strategy that I normally favor.

In this case, I don't.

Not only because I think Young can handle it, but also because now that you've already put him out there you have to stick with him.

Let the growing pains happen, and don't panic when they do.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, jasonluckydog said:

Back in the day, it was normal almost expected that a rookie QB would sit back and learn from a seasoned pro before getting the start the following season. If Young doesn't show improvement on Monday Night against the Saints they should bench him before they ruin him. Let him learn behind Dalton. Not every 1st round QB is ready to take the reigns their first season.  Nothing wrong with that, it doesn't mean he is a bust. 

Name some for me. I feel like this a myth that everyone has just accepted as a thing when it's rarely the case. Mahomes is the only one that comes to mind that was done intentionally, and he may have been ready from the get for all we know.

• Pie 1

Yeah, he'll be fine. Normally when you do that too its because your team is so devoid of talent that he would just get obliterated. Bryce has time to throw and these are just processing issues. Most of these kids are far too professional and polished these days for interceptions to kill their confidence say the way being pummeled behind a trash o-line killed say David Carr. One of the announcers said it best, P. Manning threw 28ints his rookie year and he was one of the best processors to put on a helmet. Also, a lot of Bryce's misses yesterday were timing issues that will get better with reps with these WRs. Hell, the two over throws yesterday one to Marshall and one to Mingo would've been easy pitch and catch to some of the guys he played with at Alabama. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Name some for me. I feel like this a myth that everyone has just accepted as a thing when it's rarely the case. Mahomes is the only one that comes to mind that was done intentionally, and he may have been ready from the get for all we know.

It is true that It used to be the norm, but you have to go kinda far back to see it.

It's been much more of a rarity for probably the last twenty years or so (and I'm just estimating).

• Beer 1