• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

153 passing yards and that's only because of one garbage time drive otherwise he was under 100 yards for 95% of the game. You can't blame everyone else when it was Bryce himself throwing the ball all over the place except where it needed to go at crucial points in the game. The good thing is he has 15 games left in his rookie season. But he damn sure isn't going to become what some folks here have dreamed up in their heads by coddling him and telling him he's doing great.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes, but at times our FO amazes me.

Last season Donta Foreman played extremely well. He almost reached a 1,000 yards despite not even starting a game after a quarter of the season was completed. Chubba Hubbard was a good compliment to him. They combined for nearly 1,400 yards on the ground and averaged over 4.5 yds per carry. They let Foreman go in the offseason. Our running game was fine last season. Now Donta in Chicago on a one year deal for $2million. We signed Miles Sanders to a 4year/$25.4 mil deal (over $6mil per year). That's not bad for a running back with Sanders skill set and 2022 production. But, we really didn't need him. We could have used that money elsewhere...like the WR position or on the defense.

Our backs  clearly showed that they were well suited for our O-line. We didn't lose any starters to other teams. We kept our o-line coach. Last years running game would be a benefit to Bryce. It limits the number of times he has to drop back, take time off of the clock to limit the other teams time of possession, and it opens up the  play-action pass.

Now, we're lacking that the above elements and it's really affecting our ability to move the ball and score points.

I agree it was pretty much a more expensive lateral move by ditching Foreman.

But the Panthers ran the ball well last week.

This week was a different story and may continue to trend that way of defense coordinators start crowding the box and daring the Panthers to beat them on the outside which we haven't shown we can do yet. 

I feel like at this point we've made our choice and we have to go with it and be patient. He needs a couple years to bulk up and learn the NFL. We need to focus a lot on OL, RB and WR over the coming years. It also wouldn't hurt to get a huge TE who can be a safety blanket. Let's be honest, our offense is a complete joke talent wise. We have a bunch back up WRs and also ran RBs. Personally I think Bryce clearly has potential but it could easily be squashed. Anyone who thought a 5'10 toothpick was going to come into the NFL and dominate day 1 was Stoopid. He wasn't that kinda prospect despite going #1. 

• Pie 3

Without a run game or any real receiving threats there’s not much he can do. I’ve seen enough to believe that’s all he needs, but my worry is that we’re about to stunt another QBs career building an offense around him too slowly. He has better fundamentals and protection than Cam so hopefully that buys the team more time to figure it out. He’s got the skillset to elevate his team but he’s not going to carry dead weight like Cam did.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

I was half joking, but seriously I'm already tired of 20+ pass attempts and less than 200 yards passing. Our offense is so uninspiring. 

It’s not quite as bad as Rhules first game… but any DC already know what we are going to do. I’m just surprised people haven’t begun yelling,” we can only do field goals” yet. 

Calling our #1 pick quarterback a "point guard" to anyone that would listen was cringe af and now is even more embarrassing after our first two starts. Holy fug people compared this poor kid to Steph Curry. And spammed poo reactions on anyone that had slight concerns. Yet where are they? Quiet or totally MIA.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The chiefs literally do this every sneak play. They have the tight end take the sneak.

we did this during cam’s come back season. The patriots did it with gronk earlier in the dynasty years. The saints did it with taysum hill…..

either you are choosing to not remember, haven’t watched much football , or just need to try to make your post sound even more oblivious.

Maybe because Mahomes hurt his kneecap?

There was no need for Cam to during his 2nd stint.

Since 2001, Brady has led the NFL with 157 quarterback sneak attempts—85 more than Drew Brees, who is in second place. That equates to roughly one sneak every other game and outpaces his peers.

Taysom is a gimmick qb that's literally all he does.

2 hours ago, Zod said:

I think he is the next Drew Brees if he gets the right coaching.

We don't know how well Brees would have done his rookie season, because he didn't start. But I suspect he would have looked a lot like Bryce.

I was always jealous of how quickly Brees would dissect the defense and that quick gd release. So hard to defend.

I see that potential in Bryce. 

I totally agree.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Bryce is going to be fine.  He's not shitting the bed.  Hes just doing what he can with what he's given, which is not much so far.  Once we get a legit playmaker or 2 on offense, and Reich stops calling plays, we will be OK.  This is just bad football to watch currently, unfortunately. 

Hes not shitting the bed, bro that is exactly what he is doing.  He looks lost, scared and timid

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, frankw said:

At this point after how he played last night I would be happy if he's just a decent starter for the next several years for us. I guess anything could happen. But let's be honest the comparing our guy to hall of famers coping mechanism hasn't done us any favors. He's not in that zip code. Maybe he could be someday. I don't know that it will be with this staff and our GM definitely isn't doing him any favors with the incompetence in building a real NFL offense around a QB.

I wouldn’t be. If he’s not a guy who can win a SB or win an MVP, I’d rather he just crashed and burned so we could move on to a QB who can. We have already wasted 5, now 6, years post healthy Cam. I don’t want to waste a decade. I wish we hadn’t traded so many god damn picks for nothing so we had some more young talent around Young to evaluate him better. Sucks that we don’t.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

I feel like at this point we've made our choice and we have to go with it and be patient. He needs a couple years to bulk up and learn the NFL. We need to focus a lot on OL, RB and WR over the coming years. It also wouldn't hurt to get a huge TE who can be a safety blanket. Let's be honest, our offense is a complete joke talent wise. We have a bunch back up WRs and also ran RBs. Personally I think Bryce clearly has potential but it could easily be squashed. Anyone who thought a 5'10 toothpick was going to come into the NFL and dominate day 1 was Stoopid. He wasn't that kinda prospect despite going #1. 

Why did we trade 5 premium players for him if he's not 'that kinda prospect'?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2