• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m at the midway point of my life (41) and it’s starting to sink that I may not see this team win a Super Bowl….

TheBigKat

PSLs up for sale along with every game tickets this year. Tepper is a loser and has shown zero ability to learn from his own mistakes or near disasters he was lucky enough to avoid. He is such an incompentent owner and manager I don't even think he can put a crew together to buy a SB with a 1 year rental team approach. Good people don't seem end up working with him. As far as I can tell Morgan is the only inhouse person I can respect and that's mostly because he played here. Tepper is starting to reek of Snyder level hopelessness.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

We are Browns level dysfunctional for the last six years, they've had 3 playoff games (1 win) in 20 year.  That's just the reality of where we're at right now.  We've had the same issue they've had for much longer, no answer at QB.  They've busted on two #1 overalls in Tim Couch and Baker Mayfield and have taken multiple others in 1st round, Brady Quinn (07' 22nd overall), Brandon Weeden (12' 22nd overall), Johnny Manziel (14' 22nd overall).  Even with all that they've been less dysfunctional than us over the last six years with only 6 different starters, Mayfield largely stabilizing the franchise between 2018-2022.

We've had 9 different starting quarterback in the last six seasons: Newton, Heinicke, Allen, Grier, Bridgewater, Walker, Darnold, Mayfield and Young.

So I understand why we went all out for BY, there's belief in the building that he can stabilize the most important position in football for us.  We shot our shot and now we have to see what comes of it.  Like the Browns for the last two decades, and like any other organization in QB purgatory, we are going nowhere until we have competent play behind center.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I was pretty surprised how loud the stadium got Sunday. So sad to see fans with hope being let down and as usual dying down as the game goes on. I’m not spending money on games anymore and haven’t for years. The irony would be Tepper selling his toy because of revenue loss from tanking it.

Tepper needs to hire someone to help him. JR did it, then went to the Super Bowl, albeit due to Cam. Why can’t Tepper hire someone? Can anyone give me a good reason why he can’t?

Pure Arrogance……since he bought the team they have consistently lost no matter the coaches. Four different head coaches but with similar results. The one thing consistent is Tepper. Despite what he says I think he is a meddling owner and is negatively impacting the coaches ability to coach and the GM & others ability to effectively do their jobs. 

Edited by thennek

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

Shedeur was the way. We blew our load a year too early. 

That dude is special man. I love drafting players with football pedigree family backgrounds too, and you can't get better than Prime Time. Steelers have a similar approach. Tepper is the main reason we are in this mess. Would not be surprised at all to find out that Tepper was the main culprit into pressuring us into getting Bryce Young (remember when Tepper went to an Alabama game and told Bryce Young he would love for him to be in Charlotte?). That was a Tepper pick all the way.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I'm 43, and while I love to root for my Panthers, and I've been around since the founding days; it's not going to be some major loss in my life if the Panthers never win another game before I die, whether that's today or in 50 years.

Pro sports are entertainment.  If it becomes an obsession to a point where it negatively affects your family, your friends, your career - then it's not the Panthers' problem, it's yours.  

I love the Panthers, love talking football, watching the games, and the hopium of the summer.  But when they lose, it's "oh well" from me.  I'm actively working to create effective boundaries from my passions and hobbies so they don't have a negative impact on my life.

Does that make me a bad fan?  Maybe to some.  I'm just trying to be real.  Trying to live in this world and be happy.  Can the Panthers be part of the good?  Sure!  But I'm not going to let the Panthers ruin another second of my life when they aren't successful.  I wasted too much time being angry, mopey, and a pain in the butt when the Panthers sucked.  I'm a big boy now - I've got plenty of other things to suck the joy out of my life than the Panthers.  LOL.

You summarized my current state of mind

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I'm 43, and while I love to root for my Panthers, and I've been around since the founding days; it's not going to be some major loss in my life if the Panthers never win another game before I die, whether that's today or in 50 years.

Pro sports are entertainment.  If it becomes an obsession to a point where it negatively affects your family, your friends, your career - then it's not the Panthers' problem, it's yours.  

I love the Panthers, love talking football, watching the games, and the hopium of the summer.  But when they lose, it's "oh well" from me.  I'm actively working to create effective boundaries from my passions and hobbies so they don't have a negative impact on my life.

Does that make me a bad fan?  Maybe to some.  I'm just trying to be real.  Trying to live in this world and be happy.  Can the Panthers be part of the good?  Sure!  But I'm not going to let the Panthers ruin another second of my life when they aren't successful.  I wasted too much time being angry, mopey, and a pain in the butt when the Panthers sucked.  I'm a big boy now - I've got plenty of other things to suck the joy out of my life than the Panthers.  LOL.

I think those calling you a bad fan for this take, just haven’t realized the truth of what you are saying yet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

It only takes 1 huge hit to change everything around. You are never more than 3 years away from a Super Bowl if you get the right pieces in place. Seems bleak more often than not but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. 

I'm sure Lions and Browns fans would be to differ. 😑

56 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think those calling you a bad fan for this take, just haven’t realized the truth of what you are saying yet. 

HAS SOMEONE COMMENTED ON MY ABILITY TO FAN HOW I WANT ON THE INTERWEBZ!?!?!?  I MUST IMMEDATELY FLY TO MY KEYBOARD IN RAGE!!!!!!

keyboard-warrior-flyingupload-transparen

😃  

• Flames 1