• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Totally agree here. Great post @AceBoogie. The problem this forum is struggling with right now is that we are comparing Bryce to the other QBs in the draft as if the situations are identical. 

Bryce played very well today and had some blunders. He executed the game plan he was given and played as well as he could given the situation today. I mean if you think about it... we had poor oline play, yet another drivekilling (game killing?) penalty, questionable play calling and poor YAC.  The kid dished it out fo 9 different receivers today, and the majority went to AT and TMJ.

The fumble was a back breaker for sure, and that sucked. At one point BY had 19 straight completions (17 in the 2nd half) at 8.6 ypc... cmon!

Now the hard part.... BY does have to understand situations better like exiting the pocket sooner, throwing the ball away and PROTECTING the football. I am also ready for Reich to handover the play calling... it's impacting his ability to coach on game days. The clock management and cadence of playcalling is off right now... and some of that falls on the QB... but considering the situation this 100% falls on Reich. 

Lastly, I think we need to do some internal evaluations on Campen.... three different teams today were down to backups on their lines and 2 of them didnt allow a sack. One of those teams was the Texans against the Steelers vaunted pass rush.... I'd like for us to evaluate whether Campen is the right guy.. Esepcially with Ickey's sophmore slump....

What are the air yards per attempt?

Remember when Bridgewater had 4 1k yard receivers? It wasn't because he was throwing deep.

14 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Don’t let the local Bryce detractors fool you. You see, they messed up when they hoisted Andy Dalton’s performance last week (in a loss) as the standard that Bryce needed to meet. 

Bryce not only met that standard, he exceeded it. They told you that Andy Dalton pushed the ball down field and implied Bryce could not. Hmm…

Dalton: 6.2 YPC last week in Seattle, Bryce actually had a slightly higher average at 6.4. He took what the defense gave him and even had points negated due to poor execution of his teammates. That’s not on him. 

Dalton’s passer rating last week: 88.4.           Bryce’s passer rating this week: 93.2

Instead ask yourself, why does the offense look like this. The answer is that we simply don’t have the playmakers that can create more explosive plays.

Bryce executed the offense just as well. Stop being miserable haters. It’s not too late, it’s fine. We have a good young QB and you don’t need to compare him to anyone. There will always be prettier fish in the sea.  

This will be a process. We have a QB, and even those of you who don’t believe in him it’s fine. He’ll still be here when you do. 

This is true…you are seeing why rookie QBs on bad teams don’t do much.  

I don’t care enough right now to look it up, but YPC isn’t the stat. 

Air yards per attempt is what we are looking for. 

Tired of people running to bryce’s defense. 

I understand it may be too early to hate/we need to be patient, but stop selling people on how great he is. He needs to show it. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

What are the air yards per attempt?

Remember when Bridgewater had 4 1k yard receivers? It wasn't because he was throwing deep.

I used to argue the air yards... but then Mahomes, Purdy Tom Brady, Burrow and Tua changed my mind. We are running an offense that's built on getting the ball into the playmakers hands as quick as possible... unfrotuantely we dont have that type of playmaker... Maybe if Mingo played today instead of TMJ we would have seen it.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

We were sold on his super brain and his ability to feel the pressure and adjust accordingly.

He constantly looks scared in the pocket, bad awareness, keeps turning away from the rush and moving backwards, and takes sacks he shouldn't be.

I wouldn't be as concerned if those were just happening to any old rookie QB, but it's in direct opposition to what we were told he does best.  Combine that with his lack of size/strength and it's doubly concerning, especially as he's just too small to be taking those sacks due to his own decision making.

Sure, he did some good things today, but his mistakes are too glaring to ignore when they are mistakes of the things he was suppose to do at a level never seen before by a prospect, or that's what we were told by all the "experts" out there.

He’s just skittish as hell. Like just let it rip dude. There are multiple plays today where he looks like he’s going to throw and then doesn’t, and try’s to roll away and gets sacked. Over and over and over. Just throw the fuging ball. Give your guys a chance to make plays. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, tukafan21 said:

5 Sacks for 55 yards lost and a fumble that was returned for a TD

Everything we were told Bryce does at a level never seen in a recruit before, he's severely struggling with.

Where is this magician in the pocket?

He plays like a scared kid out there, size aside.

His size is exactly why and he knows it.  The two pick performance and a couple of thumping hits is why dude is playing scared.  I was told despite his size, he's mentally tough.  He's not showing signs of it at all.